Just finished 47re flare between 1-2 2-3 and overdrive is late

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
This is my 4th build. My friends have been bringing their trucks over for rebuilds after I built mine. Mine is doing great and so are the other 2 I've built.

2002 47re-
New transducer and borgwarner solenoid
New Tc and od solenoid
Sonnax super servo
Sonnax billet accumulator
Billet rear servo
Transgo shift kit
Oem style rebuild kit
DPC single disk
4.4 apply lever

Edge juice with attitude.

I have 35 miles on this tranny and I'm not having much luck with it. If I baby it up to 55 all is well , but if I slightly put my foot in it the shifts flare and it will not shift into overdrive unit 55 or so or until I lift off the pedal. Bands are adjust to spec , I double checked the check ball locations before I assembled. Also if it put the edge on level 2 ad roll into the throttle it will slip over drive.

I have not floored this thing either. I'm at a loss except for pulling it back out and tearing it down. Any help would be great.

Have you checked your pressures with a gauge?

step one...ditch the crappy sonnax intermediate servo and that should clean up the 1-2 and 2-3 flares. step 2...did you go through the valve body before you modified it and ensure proper operation BEFORE modification? What were the original symptoms that caused the failure prior to overhaul? Have you put read the live data to confirm you are getting good governor pressure actual vs commanded and have the necessary voltage? What does the TPS (APPS) voltage look like?

Last edited:
I tear every valve body down completely, scrub the case inside and out , pressure wash it, ad blast the holes out.

I was starting to hook my gauge up tonight and noticed the TV cable bracket was loose. I must have missed it in my frustration/disappointment.

Thanks for the replies guys