Just got an leftover 06

DirtyJerzey

Just picked up an 06 Harley Davidson f250 6.0 diesel and want to start with mods... Having my painter friend black out my tailights with ghost flames this week, want to get an intake, my friend has a brand new MAC intake hell sell for should I get it or go with something else? Any good free mods? I plan on lifting the truck in a few months 8" with no more then 38s as I have an 8x16 enclosed trailer.... All ideas welcome

Last edited:
Ive been looking at programmers/chips all day and from what Ive found online is everyone in a SD loves the SCT programmers. All of my friends have the banks 6 gun kit, which I love cause of the change on the fly, but I want something diffrent and the best bet for my money

Welcome to CompDiesel DirtyJerzey
If you want to embarrass your Banks owning friends go with SCT.

I started with a bully dog programmer with outlook. I still have the outlook but upgraded to the sct from dj's. Let me tell you the power comes on like a freight train. the smoke is awsome. I filled some punk bit%ches cavalier up yesturday. That will teach him to race a diesel with his window down.:kick: I'm thinking a 75-100 shot of gas next*nx* . Also get the turbo back exhaust from supplier of choice. If you want alot of whistle and reverb, looose the muffler from the kit:ft: :pop:

Does the SCT leave a mark or "trail" on the stock computer that the dealer can find out if I need to go in for warranty purposes or can I just set it back to factory and all is good?
I like the live wire but have read there is problems on other vehicles but no mention of F series trucks, or should I go with the excalibrator 2? Do any of these kits have to drill a hole in the exhaust manifold for exhaust temp readings which would void the warranty?
Turbo back is deffinately next after programmer and intake, Im thinking about doing the cat delete for the time being

the xcal 2's are pretty amazing how much power they make. another great thing about them is the tranny tunes available. i am not sure how much digging the dealer would have to do in order to find a trail in the computer, someone else who knows will chime in. i did have my truck in a while back to have the dealer look into some starting issues, they didn't say anything about a programer. i did unload the program however. it is not required to drill a hole in the manifold for the xcal but it is a good idea to do it. It shouldn't void the warranty to have gauges. i have taken my truck to the dealer many times with the gauges in and i just told them i installed them to be safe.

I'll have a live wire in a few weeks. The tunes are the same in the live wire, but the features are a little better, and it gives you gauges, and a display to look at.

Well I Just finished a turbo back MBRP 4" exhaust system and an AEM Brute Force intake. Not to fond of the intake right now and the exhaust has to move moved around a little when it cools down as the down pipe is blasting the firewall. Sounds to be a real nice sound, but its got an awful lot of cab noise which Im hoping reduces a lot when I move the down pipe.... I was down at Xtreme Diesel Performance today and they all recomended getting an Edge w/ Attitude programmer. By biggest thing I am looking for is shift on the fly as I do a lot towing with my trailer and during the same day Ill go beat on the truck for a little and having to carry around a programmer and reprogram the computer is not something Im looking to do. This is why I was looking at the live wire. Xtreme Diesiel is a licensed SCT installer but said they dont sell very many and sell more of the Edge products

Hook up with someone here who can write you a tow file and a race file for your truck. I have heard Edge is hard on transmissions

ok welll go ahead and get edge only if your looking forward to to replacing headgasketts... i wouldnt get edge ther is also very little tranny control if anny i think you would be much better off with sct livewire and work the problems out rather than buying edge ! "ask if you can try it be for you by it and compare the two!

I personally didnt want the edge that is why i didnt get it. I wanted to get the live wire but the guy I spoke too heard very little about it and being on SCTs site it sounds like there is still a lot of bugs with the live wire. If I go SCT which I would like to, I have to go with the live wire as I need to be able to change modes quickly when I want, if not then I need to go to the best alternative

Santa Gertrudis said:
You can't shift on the fly with the livewire
shift on the fly is not a neccesity, but having to plug in a downloader everytime I want to change a tune is not happening. I know not to many people are banks fans here, but what about the 6gun with speed loader or the pda?

NO BANKS!!!!!!! SCT IS THE ONLY WAY!!! LOL
But seriously once you drive it you will find you will keep it on the race file when you drive it unloaded, and then when you tow, while your hooking up the trailer you can flash in the tow file then when you hookup the truck, you can load up the Race file back in. Shifting on the fly like the Edge, Bullydog, and Banks is hard on the adaptive learning on the trannies too.

DirtyJerzey said:
shift on the fly is not a neccesity, but having to plug in a downloader everytime I want to change a tune is not happening. I know not to many people are banks fans here, but what about the 6gun with speed loader or the pda?

It only takes a couple of minutes to change a tune. In the time it takes to hook up the trailer, you could have a new tune uploaded and ready to go