Just got back from the dyno.....

jjrightmire1973

The dyno was a dyno dynamics doynmometer and I made 972 foot pounds of torque at 2410 rpms and 475 rwhp at 2640 rpms. My mods are dr. performance chip, smarty on level 9 with rail pressure on 4 and timing on 4, 90 hp injectors, silver 64 turbo, afe blade runner intake manifold and s & B intake 5" exaust, airdog 150, and arson cp3 III upgrade. The truck was run in 5th gear. I thought I would be a little higher maybe my smarty setting went right? please help me find the right settings. thanks

sounds about right actually

if it was a 12V id say tq would be low.. but from what ive seen on here and read, only a few CR's have freakish tq #'s...

Rick

The dyno was a dyno dynamics doynmometer and I made 972 foot pounds of torque at 2410 rpms and 475 rwhp at 2640 rpms. My mods are dr. performance chip, smarty on level 9 with rail pressure on 4 and timing on 4, 90 hp injectors, silver 64 turbo, afe blade runner intake manifold and s & B intake 5" exaust, airdog 150, and arson cp3 III upgrade. The truck was run in 5th gear. I thought I would be a little higher maybe my smarty setting went right? please help me find the right settings. thanks

What year is your truck???

I was running close to the same set-up last year, TNT-R, no pressure box, DDP 90's and SPS62 with stock Cp3 and was making 575hp all day long.

Your year truck will dictate what settings to run on the Smarty, if you can let us know your year we might be able to help out more.

But IMO your numbers are LOW.

Numbers do sound low but depends on the year. I did 450 with just a tuner on a completely bone stock 06.

They do sound low but I was on a dyno dynamics about 2 months ago and put down 560hp and drove 30 min to a dyno jet and laid down 650.

Timing on 4 = low timing (atleast on the TNT/r). move it to 2. My injectors are 150's and don't mine #2 one bit, you'll be fine on higher timing. I bet you'll pick up 75hp. I picked up almost 60hp between timing 4 and 2 on the same type of dyno you ran on. Smaller injectors (50). Similar cp3 kit, but over 100K miles on it the cp3 and a much smaller turbo (ps62). Total HP for that setup was 578/1260.

test different pressure settings. 4 is a quick to max pressure setting. It may induce a little to much timing via pressure down low and slow spool. but I think it's highly setup specific. But with the "stage 1" cp3 setup, the 9Kpsi idle helps the pump with a head start. In the end once your at WOT that rail pressure settings isn't even a factor. The truck will call for 24K no matter what. the DR box on the other hand can help you get over that 24K.. So I would suggest lowering the rail to stock and let the DR box do the work

Keep an eye on the smoke out put. if it's fog out situation, turn the smarty power levels back one number at a time (going though the even ones as well, with the revo doesn't mean you're removing timing unless you have a setting on "default"). The key here is upper RPM power. if you have to much duration up top you will lose pressure and work backwards. With stock injectors, not a big deal, but with bigger ones, you need to focus on rail pressure maintainability. With #9 may peek more HP and smoke more, however #7 should give you a wider power band effectively, better over all acceleration.

If you have a manual, think about running stock torque management vs wild.. at most mild. to much fuel with zero boost is going to slow spool dramatically.

what boost numbers are you seeing? If it's north of 50, Drive pressure is robbing HP as well.