Just ordered some DDM HID's anyone run them?

I'm the guy that has done over 30 sets of HID's LOL

You can trust me

3000k-yellow
4500k- pure white
5000k- white with a tiny hint of blue
6000k- white with light blue- 50% of cars you see on the road run these
8000k- deep blue - not real good for dark driving
12000k - purple

I run all 4500s from here on out. They are very bright. If your doing a set through them spend the extra $20 for the high/low kit. Worth every penny. You will thank me later for that.

Only get a 55watt kit too. If you want more light why stop at 35w. Go big or go home.

yep, i believe i will be purchasing the 4500k 55w ones as soon as i figure out the correct ones to buy! DDM's website is a little confusing

Go to sylvania and click on their replacement guide. This will tell you what bulbs you need for your truck. Being its an 01 sport I'm not sure off hand.

If it was a single bulb 94-02 it would be a 9004 bulb. I will look it up if you can't find anything.

i believe it is saying that i need the following

Dual Beam Headlight Bulb - 9004
High Beam Indicator Light - PC194

High beam indicator light is in your dash. Is your truck an original sport truck with 2 headlight bulbs or is it a sport conversion like what I did with a single headlight bulb?

Better yet take a pic of your headlight.

its an original factory sport model, has 2 seperate bulbs. i can get the pic in 15-20 if you would like

Hey sorry I know I started this thread and never posted any pictures of how they turned out. I wanted a slight blue but nothing to crazy since its an older truck. Felt like blue would look to new. I took the picture to late tonight though. I'll retake tomorrow when the suns going down. These are the 6k 55watts. The second pic is my roommates 08 GMC LMM with SimplyHID's 8k 55watt. I'll get a better pic of them both tomorrow but you can see the color. Another buddy of mine has a 6k kit on his LML that is slightly green so it really depends on what company made them. They look pretty sick to though. I'll see if I can get a hold of him to post a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sorry pic size is to big and I'm not sure how to change it on this iPad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm running the cheap autozone led running lights and turns also. They look pretty good at night. Not trying to advertise but I'm thinking about selling or trading lift wheels and tires if anyone's interested. It's in the barter section. Thinking about switching it up and sitting it down on some wide ATZs or 420s to be more track friendly

its an original factory sport model, has 2 seperate bulbs. i can get the pic in 15-20 if you would like

Whenever looking up bulbs for the sport models its easier to select 1500 ram

High Beam Headlight Bulb 9004
Low Beam Headlight Bulb 9007

In your case you do not need the high/low kit. But you will have 2 wiring harness', 4 ballests, etc. Shouldnt be too hard to do.

Whenever looking up bulbs for the sport models its easier to select 1500 ram

High Beam Headlight Bulb 9004
Low Beam Headlight Bulb 9007

In your case you do not need the high/low kit. But you will have 2 wiring harness', 4 ballests, etc. Shouldnt be too hard to do.

so i need to buy the bulbs not the kit? this is all new to me and confusing LOL

i may have to call the people and aggravate them for a few minutes to get my order placed

You don't need the error eliminator kit. To do your fogs it's just another hid kit. They are a 896 bulb. All in all to do all 3 kits including shipping you will be around $140 total. They are simply a good kit and warrenty department is great too.

You don't need the error eliminator kit. To do your fogs it's just another hid kit. They are a 896 bulb. All in all to do all 3 kits including shipping you will be around $140 total. They are simply a good kit and warrenty department is great too.

thats what i wanted to hear! thank you for all your help. i couldnt find the 896 bulb kit on their website though, so looks like i wont be getting fog lights for it :soap:

Back