Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sled Pulling

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Dyno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtboy25

Me and a friend of mine are trying to put together a Kansas meet. Anyone that can make it is more than welcome to come.

So far it will be held in witchita, ks sometime in August. We are still early in the planning so if anyone wants to toss any ideas around then go ahead. I am all ears on this. But there definately will be an event somewhere. So far we have 3 sponsors willing to support the event if we can get a guaranteed head count and a facility.

I will keep this thread updated until the day of the event. We can get a sled to pull and we have a few drag race facilities to choose from.

Thanks, Kenny

Can you get it any farther east?
Sledpulling would be good, especially if you can get some money around.
Most of the classes in MO are the 2.8 bushed classes.

One thing to look at is MSTPA, spring river, flinthills pullers, and then scheid is in august. Those events can take competitors.

Can you get it any farther east?
Sledpulling would be good, especially if you can get some money around.
Most of the classes in MO are the 2.8 bushed classes.

One thing to look at is MSTPA, spring river, flinthills pullers, and then scheid is in august. Those events can take competitors.

We are wanting to keep it in kansas. I have tried mentioning Lucas Oil Speedway in wheatland MO. but a few others did'nt want to go that far. If, which is a far cry, we get enough people we can get Heartland Park in Topeka but that facility will tough to get without a large turnout and big name sponsors.

I am aware of other events that will be going on in august but we are not expecting to compete with larger events. This will be more of a get together. But whatever we can swing we will take. If a pulling circuit wants to do a show along with the event that would be awesome. Just getting them there will be the first step.

We are only a couple weeks into the planning but we will try to get done as much as we can. The more input there is the easier the plannig will be. I have never organized anything like this but im not new to it either. We have a while to work this out and all updates will sure to be mentioned here.

How far east were you thinking?

I didn't mean clear over in MO, maybe parsons or somewhere in that area, possibly Joplin, they have a dragstrip, could probably have the sled pull in carthage or something.