Keeping the miles OFF

366ci_cummins

Ok I kinda stumbled onto this last night. My Brakes were were acting up and it felt like the ABS was kicking in, i figured that i have a sensor going bad. I desided that it wasnt safe to drive so i opened the fuse panel and pulled the fuse out for the RWABS (which is fuse #3) and went test drove it. It didnt act up anymore. Then i realized that the speedo wasnt working and the odo was lit up but was not moving. I have drove the truck over 50 miles and it still reads the same as when i took the fuse out. Kinda sucks that you have no idea how fast you are going but it keeps the miles off the ODO. I just wired up a switch so once i get to speed i look at the tach and flip the switch. So far so good.

I figured as old as our truck are getting and the value is getting lower with the price of fuel we could use all the help we can get. Hope this works for you guys. :woohoo:

Hey sorry guys i didnt post all of this........it started out just a question about the abs and one of the guys i work with typed a whole bunch of crap and posted it. What he did type might work i dont know.......Once again i appoligize and will deal with the matter!!!!:kick:

HAHA i looked at my screen and was wondering where my post had went, didnt think much about it. I i noticed that i had posted something (thinking thats weird) opened it up and it started out kinda what i typed then it wasn't lol. Needless to say the young man that did this just bought him self 2 days off without pay. Guess thats what he gets for messin with the bosses computer

Interesting story.
"note to self, beware of mileage on red and grey truck from columbia city"

Interesting story.
"note to self, beware of mileage on red and grey truck from columbia city"

LMAO i swear i didnt do it. But i am tempted to try it once just to see if it really works. I kid is really smart when it comes to this kinda stuff he might know what he's talkin about. Besides i could never sell my truck, i have WAY to much in it lol.

I can see it working, the only issue I could see is that when you go to the PCM, sometimes it will still track. I know on an old chevrolet my dad had, he had put on slightly larger tires and the OD read onething, and the ecm read something else. He asked why, and they said cause the tires report the OD, and the wheel sensors record the ECM.

oh good point........well i'll hook the laptop up tonight and check the ecm then try the whole fuse thing and compare it with the ODO

Anyway back to the orignial post about my ABS.......is there a way to tell which ABS sensor is bad without trial and error??

Check the PCM, not the ECM. What are you using to talk to the ECM anyway? Insight?

My RAD box (when flipped on) kills the Tach, Spedo and Odometer....1/4 mile at a time.... and sets a CEL.

I meant ECM on the gm product. Insight from cummins will talk to the PCM? I know it will talk to the ECM, didn't know about the PCM.

It will work. I tried it for fun one day. Drove about a mile with it unplugged. Then plugged it back in. I like seeing the miles rack up. 165,850 and counting.