Kill switch on 06 cr

Mega Hooker

High Dollar Hooker
I need to put a kill switch on for a pull tomorrow night. I been meaning to do it for awhile and just haven't nothing like waiting until the last minute. I done a search but didn't find much help especially for 06. Any help would be great.

only way to do it quick and easy is to get a normally closed break-away switch for a trailer and run your ground wire for your lift pump thru it. so when the break away gets pulled the pump dies and the truck dies.

I made one using an extension cord ran to the back and hooked into the fuse box on one of the big fuses. I can't remember which one. All I did was started the truck opened fuse box and pulled one to see if it killed it. Just use both wires on the plug, cut one end off wire it into a loop and make an attachment on the little short end for the sled to hook to. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the lift pump fuse that I used.

How about killing crank position to the computer?

Tobin

All I know is that I definately wouldn't want to use the "Disconnect Lift Pump" method.

The injection pump needs fuel to stay cool and lubed.... Not a good idea in my eyes to shut the supply off.

Just my .02...

All I know is that I definately wouldn't want to use the "Disconnect Lift Pump" method.

The injection pump needs fuel to stay cool and lubed.... Not a good idea in my eyes to shut the supply off.

Just my .02...

it is only for a couple seconds while the truck dies. it's not like the truck is running for the whole pull without fuel.

My truck will run without my lift pump functioning. My airdog electrical connections got cut accidentally and the only way I could tell was the fuel pressure gauge.

My truck will run without my lift pump functioning. My airdog electrical connections got cut accidentally and the only way I could tell was the fuel pressure gauge.

Same here I have a fass but just for curosity I pulled the inline fuse while the truck was running and nothing happened it run like that for about 10seconds without a miss then I put the fuse back in. I ended up tapping into a 10 amp inginition run fuse and it works perfect. I also used a marine button type kill swictch that makes it look nice all you see is a little red button sticking out of the bumper.

Same here I have a fass but just for curosity I pulled the inline fuse while the truck was running and nothing happened it run like that for about 10seconds without a miss then I put the fuse back in. I ended up tapping into a 10 amp inginition run fuse and it works perfect. I also used a marine button type kill swictch that makes it look nice all you see is a little red button sticking out of the bumper.

just hope that it dont come unhooked while ur pullin

Back