knock knock!!

6speedsteve

Farmco Diesel
ok since i did the twins on my truck, no matter what timing setting even with no boxes at all it still has a sound that seems like injector rattle. my pump is stock with 200k miles on it and im running a cam and 110 sticks so i was curious if it was the pump making the sound....

smarty tntr, i never run one tune always cause i do alot of highway driving and then i tear it up on my days off. and the nozzles are brand new stock ones machined and flowed

o and a predator pressure box but its been on the truck since it was purchased and the dealership

get rid of the pressure box, smarty can get you all you need. machined and flowed? whats that about??

Did you put those injectors in at the same time? If so, tighten your connecting tubes.

The tips were machined bigger and then flow tested, and yes it was all done at the same time

The tips were machined bigger and then flow tested, and yes it was all done at the same time

Who made the tips(like what company or person)? What styke is the tip(5,7,8 hole??? Marine????) Who Installed the tips? Was it running fine befire the tips were installed?

bosch injectors, i dont think you know the guy who put them on but hes an expierenced mechanic and ya but it was entirely stock before the tips. we did hamiliton 181 210 plus valve springs and push rods along with twins and had the head ported, and surfaced. plus i went to the tntr soon after it was done

No. Who modified the tips? Like Idustrial, Dynamite, Exergy, T&C, etc etc. or was it a flu by nite operation?

O sorry, well none of the above, i believe it's a local place called signature fuels. I also had the connecting tubes machined out and made bigger

Hopefully someone didnt remove a nozzle needle and touch it with bare skin. Oils in the skin will rust the needles and cause them to stick inside the nozzle, causing a loud tick when the injector tries to fire.

So what your saying it could be my injector(s) causing the issue? One thing I noticed is it kinda goes away with more boost, Ive never heard it before so it's pretty confusing