kubota rtv 1100

mikeyrtv

hello. My rig is a kubota RTV 1100 which I have turbocharged and added an air to water intercooler. Ive made mods to the hydro transmission and some tweaks to the fuel pump. right now only able to get about 5 lbs. of boost but even at that the machine is much better than stock. Exploring ways to get more fuel including cutting delivery valves and bigger injectors. This is a non competition everday driver so I dont want to go too crazy.

We have one also, same setup but also want a touch more go-go.

yeah I've posted a couple videos on youtube. I'll snap a couple pics today and post them.

You need to post a build thread or something. Parents have a 900 and it is a turd even with the fuel bumped up a bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I would think with all the different size tractors kubota makes, and the variety of applications there engines can be found in, a bigger pump and larger injectors should be somewhat easy to come by with a little bit of homework. Either way, neat little hot rodded diesel man.

you would think but in fact its darn near impossible to get info except for sites like this. Its like these pumps are shrouded in secrecy, even the service manual offers next to nothing except"bring pump to an authorized service tech" So alot of experimentation is what Ive had to do. Presently Im trying to figure out how to either get a bigger injector or buy a set of oem and have them modified. Working with southern dieseel they are very helpful.

pic of custom header turbo and air to water intercooler

Attachments

• DSC01373.jpg
    DSC01373.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
everything hand made in my shop. Made air to water intercooler using sheet aluminum and an air to air intercooler my son had on a subaru.

other mods incude high air box, heated seats, custom horn, egt and boost gauge, 4 speaker stereo.

not sure but I would theink you might get better turbo cooling with an air to air, coolant temp of 200 degrees tring to cool an air charge is not going to lower it below 200, air temps of 100 are cooler, size of an air to air might make it tough tho. as for getting more boost, is there a wastegate? how bout housing size might be too big???

my air to water intercooler is completely seperate from engine coolant. Has its own coolant, heat exchanger, reservior and electric pump to circulate coolant so the coolant is at or near ambient temperature. Air to air intercooler would have to be up front and all that piping would cause a loss in boost. If you look directly under intercooler is an electric pump which circulates coolant to a heat exchanger I mounted in front of the radiator. There is a wastegate but its set for 12 lbs. You may be right on the housing but im gonna try to get more fuel to it first basically zero smoke now.

Last edited:
good deal then, tough to tell from a pic. if that housing is too open that exhaust gas will go right past without spining the wheels much.

hello. My rig is a kubota RTV 1100 which I have turbocharged and added an air to water intercooler. Ive made mods to the hydro transmission and some tweaks to the fuel pump. right now only able to get about 5 lbs. of boost but even at that the machine is much better than stock. Exploring ways to get more fuel including cutting delivery valves and bigger injectors. This is a non competition everday driver so I dont want to go too crazy.

Nice unit, keep us posted

You need to post a build thread or something. Parents have a 900 and it is a turd even with the fuel bumped up a bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Do they have the hand throttle kit on it? it will help.

We have a 900 at work and it's the biggest POS I've ever had to deal with. Barely pulls are hills in low and always overheats. I've had Kubota work on it and they tell me it's normal. I get massive amounts of shavings everytime I change trans fluid. Our kubota dealers are useless.

Back