L.I. 78mm S4XX Compressor wheels...

keep hearing everyone say it spools a fast as the 71 but are they dead serious? i know its quick but could i swap a an s472 .9 T4 with an s478 with a the 83 or 87 in wheels and actually have the same or better spool up? sorry it just boggles the mind lol

Forrest, I have one running as a primary on a VE truck...with the wastegate on the S300G wired full open, the S478 (1.10T6 with an 87mm turbine) is still SCREAMING and the truck is gone by the 60' mark.

It flat spools wicked!
Chris

It sure as heck does. That L.I. 78 is flat unreal.

keep hearing everyone say it spools a fast as the 71 but are they dead serious? i know its quick but could i swap a an s472 .9 T4 with an s478 with a the 83 or 87 in wheels and actually have the same or better spool up? sorry it just boggles the mind lol

Dead Serious....I'll bet you won't notice much change

It's all about weight

Chris

What setup ( housing and wheel size ) would be needed to daily drive on an 06' with 150's and 188/220 cam

Lol, yeah, I see the demand for these things increasing more and more. I am on board the 478 train right now though.

Lol, yeah, I see the demand for these things increasing more and more. I am on board the 478 train right now though.

The 78's are selling very fast already.....and have been for some time now. They have been popular for out tractor puller customers. They buy them up quite often.

What are the dimensions of the 78mm wheel? Exducer and inducer?