Large ppump & small injectors

inline6power

more hp than you
Got a quick question. On my p pumped truck my pump is a maxed 215 with 575cc of fuel. Currently set at 300cc and I mostly drive in valet mode. Injectors are pretty small being 7x10s. My question is if I wanted to swap my stockers in for a little bit, mostly during hunting season, will it hurt the pump? Also is there a chance at cracking a injector or tip being this pump puts out more pressure and fuel than a stock vp? Would like to run the stockers in high altitude while I am hunting and then switch back to my 7x10s after I am done with hunting season. Just a question

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have asked this question before and was told that as long as I backed off the rack travel, it would be fine.

RonA

Thanks Ron. That's what I needed to know. Was afraid of cracking a tip ot injector body if I was to throw stockers back in.

I have the plate all the way back and usually drive in valet mode. With the plate all the way back the pump only makes 300cc.

it wont cause any issues. worst thing that happens is it bypasses back to the tank.

Got a quick question. On my p pumped truck my pump is a maxed 215 with 575cc of fuel. Currently set at 300cc and I mostly drive in valet mode. Injectors are pretty small being 7x10s. My question is if I wanted to swap my stockers in for a little bit, mostly during hunting season, will it hurt the pump? Also is there a chance at cracking a injector or tip being this pump puts out more pressure and fuel than a stock vp? Would like to run the stockers in high altitude while I am hunting and then switch back to my 7x10s after I am done with hunting season. Just a question

I can't see how this would be any different than any other 12mm pump, unless you have a quick rate cam. Whether its a benched or stock 12mm pump, the injection rate is still the same. Just the duration changes.

With a cammed or 13mm pumps, I could see the small injectors becoming an issue since the injection rate is higher.

I run small injectors with a northeast pump without any issues.. Like lenahan said it just bypasses the injectors with the benefit of less smoke and better mileage.. it still makes good power for daily driving.. its just a bit harder on the pump cam when you push it hard.