Larry's little secrets

I'm driving a similar truck. I'd start with a line kit and a new lift pump. I too used vulcan performance for this stuff. If you want to do a box or programmer, the only one that removes the rate limiter is the smarty and that and the extra rpms make it a lot quicker to blast through the lower gears on the six speed. The gears are only spaced 500 rpms apart in the lower gears so quick is good. Stock was horrible with power cutting back at 2700 rpms, smarty makes it pull hard past redline.

Lots of other good options out there too, just my $.02

The juice with attitude is a great product for a good reliable driver but bot the greatest for huge power i would get an airdog lift pump lifetime warranty and its been proven time and time again and it comes with all the fittings and half inch line also it will keep that VP of yours very happy

The juice with attitude is a great product for a good reliable driver but bot the greatest for huge power i would get an airdog lift pump lifetime warranty and its been proven time and time again and it comes with all the fittings and half inch line also it will keep that VP of yours very happy

That's got me curious because the dyno charts I've seen show that it's very comparable to the adrenaline even. Oh how I hate being bored at home on nights like this. :Cheer::Cheer:

One of these days when I have some time I want to make up a VP truck FAQ. Weather is getting bad and hunting season is about over, so maybe this year LOL

BTW, the HO pumps seem to be a bit more durable than the SO models, partially due to electronics, that seems to have evened out now though since pretty much all of the pump remanufacturers use the better electronics. My truck has about 240k on the original VP, even with killing 5 lift pumps.

That's got me curious because the dyno charts I've seen show that it's very comparable to the adrenaline even. Oh how I hate being bored at home on nights like this. :Cheer::Cheer:

I have also seen those charts the peak horsepower may be the same but the Adrenaline hits so hard on the bottom and mid range the edge cant even touch it and the custom tuning is awesome and i believe those dyno charts are the edge against the stock 1000 tune that comes with the ADR load a dyno tune or comp tune onto it and let er rip