Last words of wisdom?

texsasdiesel

Alright fellas, I think I've got everything together for the conversion and I'll start it the day after Christmas. I got the gaskets for the front timing case, the front seal, and a couple of intake horn gaskets, got the pump, pump gear, CPS adaptor, 12v front case, 12v throttle cable, all the linkage on the pump itself, fuel shut off solenoid, studs for the spacer that goes under the intake horn, conversion injection lines, oil lines for the pump, made the wooden dowels to hold the tappets, and I've read and re-read just about every post in the forum.

Anything else ya'll can think of that I would need or could use to make it easier?

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas ya'll

James

The only thing I don't see listed are the fuel lines - return and supply...

Also, need a higher pressure supply pump for the p-pump.

HTH.

Pump overflow valve or return banjo fitting with a regulator. The fuel fitting on the side of pump. Pump gear nut. I totally forgot about that, and lucky for me a friend had one. The oil pan gasket is prone to tear when taking off the front cover, so be careful. My vacuum pump gasket also tore, and I needed a new one. Good luck!

Tim.
Quit screwing around on the internet and drive that pump and injector combo. I need the feedback.:hehe:

Tim.
Quit screwing around on the internet and drive that pump and injector combo. I need the feedback.:hehe:

Ron, ummmm. it rips! and my 01 is 600hp+ so ya i have an idea! :rockwoot:

Tim.

:hehe: The weather up here has been crappy for testing. Like Jim (Sig73) said, this combo rips!!!!!!!! Ron, I owe you a great deal of thanks!!
That little device you sent me is awsome!!!! Will be using it on friday with my pump guru :Cheer:

Glad to hear it's working for you. My pump will be done around the second week of Jan. I may call then and tell them to set it up like yours when they get it on the stand. How the smoke on the bottom end?

Glad to hear it's working for you. My pump will be done around the second week of Jan. I may call then and tell them to set it up like yours when they get it on the stand. How the smoke on the bottom end?

Well, it will shut down the road if not careful, I need to work on the AFC. I am running a gutted one until I tweak the new one. Being cold up here, I have a constant haze running 22* timing with these big sticks. This thing is a blast to drive!!!

Well, it will shut down the road if not careful, I need to work on the AFC. I am running a gutted one until I tweak the new one. Being cold up here, I have a constant haze running 22* timing with these big sticks. This thing is a blast to drive!!!

is that with the pump turned all the way down or all the way up?

Thanks guys, all went well except when i went to start the truck, I found out that the used pump that I bought is bad and has to be rebuilt. Such is life. I got the spring from Air Dog that ups the pressure to 45lbs from the 24v AD system that I already had installend in the truck, and got a overflow valve from a buddy of mine.

Ron/Warpig, what is this secret you all speak of? am I allowed to know, my truck is mainly a pulling toy but if i can get it to drive decently id like to take it out on friday nights to the hangouts in town and such.

Thanks guys, all went well except when i went to start the truck, I found out that the used pump that I bought is bad and has to be rebuilt. Such is life. I got the spring from Air Dog that ups the pressure to 45lbs from the 24v AD system that I already had installend in the truck, and got a overflow valve from a buddy of mine.

That sucks. How do you know its bad?

Ron/Warpig, what is this secret you all speak of? am I allowed to know, my truck is mainly a pulling toy but if i can get it to drive decently id like to take it out on friday nights to the hangouts in town and such.

Secret??????? :hehe: I wish I knew some secrets. If you are referring to my post where I mentioned a device, it's a block to tune the afc.......... Now you tell me a secret :hehe: 5.9, did you do your conversion yet??

Secret??????? :hehe: I wish I knew some secrets. If you are referring to my post where I mentioned a device, it's a block to tune the afc.......... Now you tell me a secret :hehe:

? Can you explain the purpose of the block?

Secret??????? :hehe: I wish I knew some secrets. If you are referring to my post where I mentioned a device, it's a block to tune the afc.......... Now you tell me a secret :hehe: 5.9, did you do your conversion yet??

LOL ok i gotcha, and no i haven't. I took all the vp44 junk off and sold it or put it in the trash pile. its been sitting for 2 months like that. i am finishing up a sidejob this week that should net me the money to finish the truck and then some, so by end of january it may be running again as long as i can get the exhaust manifold and new fuel system in time.

This is the block, but it's no secret. Just a little block to bolt a plate and afc to so you can watch what it's doing and tune it. You can watch the relaionship between the afc arm and the plate as you add boost from a regulated air source. Nothing fancy, but it does make it easy to see what's going on.

Attachments

• afc.jpg
    afc.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 58
This is the block, but it's no secret. Just a little block to bolt a plate and afc to so you can watch what it's doing and tune it. You can watch the relaionship between the afc arm and the plate as you add boost from a regulated air source. Nothing fancy, but it does make it easy to see what's going on.

Yeah those are nice. Where can I get one?