launching..

paroxysym

im new to this and am planning on taking my truck to the strip a couple times... just trying to get an idea on how you guys launch these things off the line. how much boost you build? so please, tell me how to be successful at getting this ***** off the line in a timely matter:thankyou2:

4wd high, build boost to about 15psi. That should get ya started.

goerands tranny, billet input, stock intermediate and output shaft, on 35" rubber...

mike i know you like to err on the side of caution, keep your boost to 10 psi...

goerands tranny, billet input, stock intermediate and output shaft, on 35" rubber...

mike i know you like to err on the side of caution, keep your boost to 10 psi...

err? yea i do like to keep it on the safe side.. at least till i get a hoopty to daily drive

err- look it up

how is the tranny shifting/driving now? any more hiccups?

err- look it up

how is the tranny shifting/driving now? any more hiccups?

no she is driving nicely. quicker than i thought she would. it honestly feels as if the 90hp sw#5 is on the truck. i can only imagine how its going to feel once i throw that baaitch on there.

err.. no idea

Last edited:
no she is driving nicely. quicker than i thought she would. it honestly feels as if the 90hp sw#5 is on the truck. i can only imagine how its going to feel once i throw that baaitch on there.

err.. no idea

err- like the verb form of error (noun)- to make a mistake basically.

the expression err on the side of caution just means to be eatra careful...you make an error by launching at less boost and running a little slower rather than pushing her hard...and breaking the output shaft

put that thing on 170 and lets hit the track. if you want, ill run it...:evil

err- like the verb form of error (noun)- to make a mistake basically.

the expression err on the side of caution just means to be eatra careful...you make an error by launching at less boost and running a little slower rather than pushing her hard...and breaking the output shaft

put that thing on 170 and lets hit the track. if you want, ill run it...:evil

as long as i have a way of getting her home, ill let you run her..

10 psi? If your racing for some money what would you run ur boost to off the line?

Depends on the type of shafts you've got in the tranny. I keep mine at 10psi but never launched on a track. Have launched at 17 in a friends truck and it was pretty cool. I can't wait till I get my tranny built completely.

Bryce

Didn't realize you were stock output. Then I'd go with what TJ said and boost to around 10psi.

im just curious. That is something i always wondered myself. So if you have billet shafts what can you launch?

With billet shafts in my 92's 47RE I boost it to 30-35psi. Feels like you get hit by a train when you let it go.

i honestly never watch boost i always leave the line on rpm,2000-2300 depending on the track

Last edited:
I always launch with mine on 16-18lbs. billet input, stock inter and output. 1.8 60 foot times in 4wd high:tree::ft:

I'm not sure about the difference between 2nd and 3rd gen shafts but I'm willing to bet your output is on borrowed time.

Bryce

what if you had a billet input and output, but stock intermediate? then what PSI?

I can't imagine how much stress is on the rest of the drivetrain, those little U joints have to be on edge haha

The stock intermediate can withstand an amazing amount of abuse. As a matter of fact, DTT doesn't even sell one anymore. I've had two tranny builders tell me not to waste my money on one unless your going for balls to the wall drag racing or sled pulling or plan on leaving the line on nitrous.