lb7 allison upgrade?

RAWPWR7

looking to get my Allison to handle 500hp. don't want to get crazy and on a budget. any recommendations?

looking to get my Allison to handle 500hp. don't want to get crazy and on a budget. any recommendations?

My reccomendation is that if your on a budget, dont try and make 500hp. $h!t will inevitably break. Not trying to wiz in your cornflakes, just saying.

Who eats Cornflakes anymore :lolly:

But yes, dont try and push 500hp if you are on a tight budget. A trans that holds 500 will probably hold 700 because they use similar parts, and THEN you push it harder and blow the engine up.

i just want to do bolt ons with stock turbo and motor. kinda max effort stock.
i have been on all the forums and seen kits out there. just seeing if there were any options that other might use. not looking for a stage 5 tranny. looking to spend around $15-1800.

i just want to do bolt ons with stock turbo and motor. kinda max effort stock.
i have been on all the forums and seen kits out there. just seeing if there were any options that other might use. not looking for a stage 5 tranny. looking to spend around $15-1800.

If you go with a new converter then this budget may be a bit low. A good converter is going to eat up about $1200 or so of that budget right there. A single disc TRANSTAR isn't good for much more than stock, and most all of the good triple disc units are in the $1200 and up range by the time you add shipping on. You can find cheaper ones, but chances are you will be buying a good one down the road when it fails, and end up spending double in the long run. A PPE stage 4 would hold it, but I would add in a few other pieces with it which is going to bring you up into the $2500 range, and this is doing the work yourself. if you had a 6 speed it could be done cheaper, but the converter is going to be your biggest single expense to make it last at that power level. Personally I'm running the equivelant of the older SUNCOAST stage 3 with a few add ons, and am at the 400-425 RWHP range and am as happy as can be. I don't want to chance shortening my rods, or burning it down from high EGT's as engine upgrades are definately not in my budget anytime soon.

sorry for the confusion i was planing on changing the converter to a triple disk. the budget was just to upgrade the tranny. would i be able to find a stage 3. i do plan on doing the labor on my own.