LB7 & Allison....What it's worth?

LReiff

The Antistock
Here's the story. I have a 2002 Chevy 2500 2wd that has approx. 160k on it, the injectors were replaced once under warranty and there are a few that need replaced again, otherwise the engine runs fine. As far as I can tell the transmission has no issues. I'm thinking about repowering this truck with a 4cyl. diesel so I would like to sell the LB7 & Allison but have no idea where to start with an asking price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Engine - 1500.00-3000.00
Trans - 800.00-1200.00

I just bought a 2007 LBZ with 30k for 2000.00 and have bought allisons from 500.00 to 1500.00 (6 speed with 2000 miles) for example. Really depends on the right buyer.

Lee, I will come pick this up for $500 and get this worthless pile of scrap out of your way buddy.
Let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

2WD Alli is not easily converted to 4WD. It can be done with expensive parts but most folks don't bother.

If you get $500 for the trans and $1500 for the core engine, I think you'd be doing OK with the economy the way it is.

It's a good running engine, just has a leaky injector or two. There is nothing wrong with the transmission either. I would like to put a 4cyl. diesel in the truck (not a cummins either) so as of now the only reason I would sell the drive train is if I get the right price. I will most likely be replacing the bad injector/s in the very near future so then it will be 100%.

i'd take the trans for $500.

i even know someone with a 4cyl that they might wanna get rid of.