LB7 needing another set of injectors!

bluearc74

Well my 01 LB7 that I put 8 new injectors in a few years back has come back to haunt me once again with the raw diesel greyish smoke. It only does it after stopping and idling but no smoke on the highway. The injectors I original put in were Bosch ones right from the stealers. Maybe should have tried others but was to scared to go through all that work to find out they don't work.*
I have tried to always stay consistent with adding conditioner every once in a while. I don't have any other filter systems installed besides the stock which I change usually every second oil change.*

I am going to try change the fuel filter to see if this helps but I dought it. I pulled my 10,000 lb. camper back home this weekend 300km and it seems to smoke worse now. I was hoping it would last till the fall as I will only be using it to pull the camper half an hour away come this summer and then back at the end. Other than that just the quad and trailer for hunting and then maybe pick at it in the shop this fall. I should also mention there is no indication of loss of power and seems to run the same as before the smoking started.

Does anyone see anything wrong with driving it like this if pulling short distances and that it just seems to be dumping raw fuel at idle?

Also if anyone may have any other ideas what this could be if not injectors please let me know. It is pretty similar to what it did a few years back when I changed all 8 and then it was fine. That's why I believe this is what is happening again.

Cheers

Any sign of Fuel in the oil? Maybe do a Oil change and send off a sample to see? Coolant loss?

Did you use new injector lines or clean the old ones super well and blast them out with shop air real good?

Lots of junk gets caught in those lines while you are removing them, if you didnt clean the **** out of them or use new ones, there's a good chance some debris made its way into your brand new injector/s.

Gm sells this super injector cleaner, it works amazing. You might want to give that a tryvits like 20 or 30 bucks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Im in the same boat with my 03. I ran the scanner on it and the only one with a bad balance rate was my #8 i took them out and cleaned everything up and it didnt help at all. however there was alot of buildup inside. im not looking forward to dropping that much on injectors i was hoping to put that money towards other mods. i might just go with a half set even though they dont reccomend it.

If you guys are looking for a better price on the Bosch Reman LB7 injectors just shoot me a pm. I get pretty good pricing on that stuff.

Last edited: