LB7 Ticking and White Smoke Need Help!!

Smokin02

cummins powered
Ok the truck is a 2003 with the LB7 in it. It has 120,000 on the odometer and had the factory injectors replaced around the 68,000 mark. It does have upgrades on it such as EFI live, 66mm phat shaft turbo, ATS trans, FASS hd lift pump with water seperator, so on and so forth. Now to the issue, I was driving down the road yesterday at 50mph so around 1800 rpm when i all the sudden noticed a destinguished ticking sound coming from the driver side. I leaned in to the throttle a little more and it worsened until around 2500 rpm and it would drone itself out. I decided to limp it home (which is around 5 miles from where the problem first started) and by the time i pulled into the driveway it was rough idling (almost as if it was missing) and just poring out white/grey smoke . I let the truck sit over night and came back out and started the truck back up and the ticking has stopped and it sounds fine at idle but still pores white smoke and when given throttle it is rough running through the rpm range and the more throttle you give the more white/grey smoke pores out. I have noticed for the past ten thousand miles or so that there has been a slight white haze coming from the exhaust at idle but never has ticked or just puked out white smoke like it is now. And just for some extra info i checked to see how tight the upper radiator hose was and it still had some pressure on it and there was pressure in the reservoir tank after sitting for about 24 hrs. I did have a 2002 LB7 before this truck that held pressure in the hose and reservoir but never had an issue. Just wanted to throw all the info out that i could. I really need some help and opinions on what this could be and if anyone has ever had this problem. Any advice would be much apreciated!!

Check balance rates first, then do a return test. Check your oil for fuel as well. These checks would verify its injectors.

Does the white smoke smell like coolant or raw diesel. That'll tell you where to start as well.

Have someone do a test to see if combustion gasses are entering the coolant. I had one a while back that would only leak combustion into the coolant when hot, and no coolant in the cylinder and it turned out the fire ring on the head gasket has split and pushed into the cylinder on 1 and 7.

Check balance rates first, then do a return test. Check your oil for fuel as well. These checks would verify its injectors.

Does the white smoke smell like coolant or raw diesel. That'll tell you where to start as well.

I Agree.

Well to the best of my knowledge it smells like raw fuel to me and i done a balance rate check on it and to my understanding the closer to zero you are the better and the two that were farthest off were numbers 1&8. Number one wasnt too bad, it was like 3.8 and number 8 was like -6.1 which is on the back driver side and thats where the ticking came from so is -6.1 pretty bad off?

my brothers has been doing something similar but we know his is a blown head gasket. it will set there and haze white smoke and has a similar ticking noise that your talking about. my guess would be head gasket if its white smoke and and misses.

sounds like you found your problem. Number 8 has a taken a crap on you and the ecm is trying to pull fuel to compensate.

Pressure in the cooling system is a no-no its got a bad headgasket, otherwise it'd hold vacuum. Been there done that.

Hard Coolant hose = headgasket time sorry bud. Its not as bad to do as you might think and a great time to upgrade and head stud it!

Recently had an LB7 lose injector/cup seal...gave white smoke, coolant pressure, and obnoxious ticking sound. I was set on a gasket failure, but she proved me wrong