leakin shut off lever and no shut off

randyswelding

ok to start with this i have a shut off cable going to the shut off lever and it had some slack in the cable,so i loosened the nut for the lever(for the bolt head is on the inside of the lever) and tightened the cable up and fallowed that by tightening the lever nut.started the truck and tried the cable and nothin,still ran but didnt pull out as far which is what i wanted but still ran and when i felt around the lever it was leakin fuel.i did see the oring behind the lever and spring but is there another one on the inside and what in the heck did i do.tomarrow i got to go and get my tools from where im workin on my other motor to get the top off and see whats goin on.thanks for any help

The shutoff lever is indexed the way the throttle shaft/lever is indexed. It must've slipped when you loosened the nut. Replace the o-ring, there's only one on the outside of the case, then index the lever correctly.

Can I do that with out taking the top off of the pump cause thatd be awsome.I got the oring I just got to have my tools back. Thanks bill ill try that