leaky transfer case

blackandstacked

certified idiot
Anyone know a good fix for leaky output shaft seal on a transfer case in a 2000. Billy has this problem too. New seals only last about as long as it takes you to put them in.

Napa sells a sleeve to make the OD of the shaft slightly larger. I don't remember what it's officially referred to, but if you have a good Napa, they know.

brandon.

I am not going to help you make your shaft slightly larger, Billy..You nasty bastard...:hehe:

I could take this thread so far in the weeds with a comment like that Scott....but I will refrain, for once LOL

So Mr. NAPA, do you have this item or not?? :poke:

Ahem....NAPA number please??? I needs one, heck, make it two, Todd has a birthday sometime soon :D

Scott he does not want you to make his shaft slightly larger because he is used to working with small equipment. Seriously we need a number i washed my truck the other day and after a 50 mile drive the tailgate was covered in fluid again.

blackandstacked said:
Scott he does not want you to make his shaft slightly larger because he is used to working with small equipment. Seriously we need a number i washed my truck the other day and after a 50 mile drive the tailgate was covered in fluid again.

With as much trouble as your "equipment" has caused you it should be removed.

Ahem with the new girlfriend the "equipment" is needed and works good on a daily basis thank you. I agree it has been troublesome in the past though.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Mine is the same way. Leaks like crazy. I actually got under the truck to day to check out my oil leek that I've got....I can't win for lose....

blackandstacked said:
Ahem with the new girlfriend the "equipment" is needed and works good on a daily basis thank you. I agree it has been troublesome in the past though.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

"Troublesome"????? THAT'S the understatement of the year :bang