lets see pics of traction bars

I know the basics and I can weld some what. Although I do not trust my self unless someone else sets up the welder. I welded the new axle brackets on my Jeep and they work but not all that pretty. Once I move off post and get a garage I will get a welder and start practicing.

Here's a set I made for my Mega:

075b0aa6.jpg

ed49983c.jpg

1f0093d4.jpg

765751DD-BA6F-47A2-98CB-488FB421DA2E-3265-000003679BD4059B.jpg

Just a question and it might be a dumb one but what is stronger when it comes to bending square tubing or square stock?

For a truck suspension, solid will always be stronger than tube if everything else is equal. Unnecessary, but still stronger.

Last edited:
On the passenger side rear shock is mounted to the front of the axle tube. would there be any reason the shock couldn't be relocated to the rear of the axle tube to match the drivers side? just curious have a sway bar mount, and shock mount in the way of axle brackets for ladder bars. keep in mind truck is still daily driver.

For a truck suspension, solid will always be stronger than tube if everything else is equal. Unnecessary, but still stronger.

1/4 wall tubing in the same diameter is stronger than solid, because there is more dimensions to the tubing so there is more angles it would have to bend and that makes it stronger. That was told to me by a metalurgist.

Here's my set of cpp trac bars installed. No issues so far.
IMAG0103_zpsf44bdb63.jpg

1/4 wall tubing in the same diameter is stronger than solid, because there is more dimensions to the tubing so there is more angles it would have to bend and that makes it stronger. That was told to me by a metalurgist.

Here's my set of cpp trac bars installed. No issues so far.
IMAG0103_zpsf44bdb63.jpg

If you think they will break or bend, you will be the first. lol Just so you know, a new set would be shipped out free of charge.

Ummmmm....NO. wow...

Do you have anything to prove different? Solid tubing bends easier. I've seen It many times. For all of the extra weight there is virtually no advantages to solid tubing. Non solid ttyl tubing would be the same as bending 2 pieces of pipe, versus the solid pipe. There are few things I'd build out of solid tubing. We are talking about standard mild steel btw.

Last edited:
Go earn an engineering degree and get back to me.

There is minimal gain on solid vs tube and any given diameter or width...but solid still always has a higher moment of inertia and section modulus. Both of which directly effect thhe bending strength and buckling point.

Go earn an engineering degree and get back to me.

There is minimal gain on solid vs tube and any given diameter or width...but solid still always has a higher moment of inertia and section modulus. Both of which directly effect thhe bending strength and buckling point.

Never heard of an engineer actually working on somethin. All they do is make stuff work on paper. Let me guess your an engineer and probably a master fabricator, and a master mechanic.

Never heard of an engineer actually working on somethin. All they do is make stuff work on paper. Let me guess your an engineer and probably a master fabricator, and a master mechanic.

I've worked machinery that definitely could have used more engineering. Over building to compensate for a lack of engineering often leads to parts being much heavier than necessary