Lets see your dyno graphs

Here is the dyno gracp from TS 09... I hope it turns out clear enough.

graph1.jpg

Curious, what rpm is 120mph on your setup?

WAS an SPS62/71/14 (no gate-probably hurt power) over and HT4C, CDS built 12mm pump with full cuts, 0 plate (didn't get around to tuning the AFC at that point), 30* timing, Diesel Pros drop in cam, mildly ported CR head with Mach7's at VP pressure, .093 lines and crossover tubes.

And I forgot to mention, as far as I can tell, judging by the video and the graph of that pull, when it peaks and begins to drop off, in the video that is about when the black smoke turns gray and the fire is is getting snuffed out by the fuel.

You've probably seen this, but here it is again. It's been almost two years since I drove that truck. :( It'll be fixed soon though. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR0njYguz4

Seems loke we have close to the same set up. other than turbos. I need to find a set of mach 7s to try.

Rear tires are 305/502-20 (32") and I have 3.54's in the rear (2.4426 in overdrive):

On edit: CompD HP caculator didn't copy/paste well. LOL

Last edited:
550 IIRC, up to 5500 or something. Pretty much a maxed ot 887. I couldn't tell you what is in the pump othere than full cuts. I got it used and the supposed builder wasn't very forthcoming with information.

I kept mine. They work well, but i have been trying others.

I didn't get rid of mine by choice.

I want to try some of Westons and maybe Jamies in the future...if & I have the money to get back to this level.

For now I have been forced to run stock sticks with maybe 150 HP nozzles and a 4k GSK. And I put in some smaller DV's to slow the fuel down a bit. I don't remember if I put in 181's or 191's. LOL

I'm hoping for 600-650 this time around.

Last edited:
Chad.
Here's the dyno sheet from the new pump. Afc hasn't been tuned so it was a bit lethargic spooling up with too much fuel.

RonA

Attachments

• dyno 007.jpg
    dyno 007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
It has to be air,.... Think about it. Why do diesels get away with running such small turbo's for their displacement? Because of the miniscule rpm they turn. As rpm rises the amount of air needed to supply it properly increases exponentially. When you start getting up into the 4500-5k+ rev range you should really have a turbo sized properly for the displacement (5.9 is well into the 75+mm range). Plus it has to get into and out of the motor and head flow dynamics change drastically from 3k to 4k+.

Thus is just my humble opinion...flame suit on :)

Back