Lexan windows for 2nd gen dodge

bailey

Who makes lexan or similar material windows for the 94-02 dodge full-size? Price range and durability/functionality for a competition only vehicle?

Yup, cut your own, but make sure you get the type with scratch resistant coating. I used Makrolon, which was a little less expensive than Lexan Mar-guard. After 3 seasons (including 1.5 seasons on an open trailer) it still looks like new when I clean it.

How much less though? And whats the average price for a sheet of it big enough for a windshield?

considerably less, I personally cant get any closer than that

A quick search said it's about half the weight.

1/4 Lexan = 1.56 lbs/sf
3 mm Safety Glass = 2.99 lbs/sf

well if you look at it this way roughly the back glass is 6 ft wide and about 18" tall that would be 9 sqft of glass or roughly 27 lbs the Lexan would weigh about 14 lbs. side windows are about 4 sqft each. so doing the windows in lexan on a reg cab would cut about 30-40lbs in weight.

You can also run Lexan at 1/8" thick per NHRA rules, but you'll probably want to run some gussets on the windshield. IIRC I ran one size over 1/8" (3/16" or so) on my gasser Vega's windshield, it doesn't bow noticeably at 148 mph, but most trucks have a bigger windshield that sits closer to vertical. I'm planning 1/8" with either tubular or Lexan gussets for my new race truck.