lift body or tilt hood setups

Our whole body lifts up, pivots at rear of framerails... Been that way last 2 seasons.

I would sell body and framework if anyone interested...

Attachments

• PullTruckBodyUpIceBox.jpg
    PullTruckBodyUpIceBox.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PullTruckBody1stRaising1.jpg
    PullTruckBody1stRaising1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PullTruckBody1stRaising2.jpg
    PullTruckBody1stRaising2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
I look at the rules in and out when i built mine three years ago and i never seen anything ever on no tilt body 3.0 trucks in the rule book.

sure makes it easy to work on I wouldn't have it any other way

Attachments

• 1412986534199.jpg
    1412986534199.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1412986558390.jpg
    1412986558390.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Definitely worth making the body tilt have it done on our 2wd.I have the front clip tilt on mt every day driver love it.

Dale

2nd gen dodge, hood hinges are already mounted to a bracket on the firewall. If you cut the bottom rad support cross bar out, it only takes a few bolts to remove each fender. Working on it is soooo much easier.

Last edited:
Would anyone know of a Fiberglass Dodge body for sale somewhere? I'm looking at switching to a fiber body for next season

I would think a one piece removable front end would be a big Bonus, if you decided not to go Tilt body.

Not sure what class you pull but 3.0 rules say no fiberglass body.

I'm one of those evil Mod 4x4's ;)

St-IsidoreDiablo.jpg

I like how the Cummins killer set his lift body up. The cab tilts up hinging from frame mounts at the rear of the cab with 2 small cylinders. The bed slides back out of the way of the cab. Very ingenious and does not add a lot of unwanted weight to the setup and allows plenty of room to work on the motor.
I have pictures of this....but I don't want to post them without there permission. I am not sure if they frequent this site?

Last edited:
With single rear wheel tires, no dual spacer or no second rim and tire I can grab my hitch and lift ass off ground... There is plenty of extra weight in these trucks, that was with the lift body and framework...

Would anybody who has made a tilt body share how they made the bed connect to the cab. Trying to figure out the best way to make that connection strong.
Pictures would be great.
Thanks.

Edit:
On second thought. Guess I could build a sub frame that attaches to the cab with hinges. Then support the bed off the sub frame. Would still love to see what you guys came up with.

Last edited:
Or you could make a full lift body

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413413010680.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413413010680.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
I'd like to see this rule.... It used to say body must be bolted or mounted stationary... Then Kusilek built a tilt body that bolted stationary... That's all I remember reading