Lift pump for aux. tank??

WideOpenThrottl

Hey Duramax owners, how is the lift pump set up on the dmax. My old 12v is just a mechanical pump on the block. I will be building an aux. tank for my buddys 06 dmax this spring, and I am wondering if they have intank pumps or are on the block ? If they are on the block I'll just use a multiport/manifold valve to feed and return lines.
Thanks for any info.
Tim.

My Dual lift setup is right after the tank. Dmaxes dont have in tank pumps. Put your pump as close to the fuel tank as possible. Lift pumps " Push" feul better than Pulling it or trying to suck it thru long distances. Hope this helps.

What kind of pressure will the duramax handle. I am in the same shoes and mounted another filter (baldwin bf915) if any are familiar with this filter it is rather large and I would feel more comfortable with having a pump to help keep it filled. On the old 12 valve dodges we just used a 60 psi sprayer pump but the duramax didn't like that.

Your Duramax only needs 10psi. Some actually take less. An air/water seperation system would be the best instead of just a "pusher"

A holley blue or PPE pump will do nicely. Problems arise when above 12 psi