List the grounds for me

duallyspeed

New Speedway Boogie
I am having electrical problems.Could someone list the location of all the grounds i should check.Please include inside the cab as well.

I found a few but i am sure i am missing some.

Sorry guys. New on this site and looking at a couple of different trucks for sale. Can't pm the owners unless I have 10 post first. Again sorry

I would be intrested in this my self, I call my self cleaning what I can find but when I am done I know there is more.

From the '01 FSM:

G100 - Left Fender Side Shield
G101 - Left Fender Side Shield
G102 - Left Fender Side Shield (RWAL Ground)
G103 - Near T/O for Wiper Motor
G105 - Front of Engine (Engine Ground)
G107 - (Diesel) Left Rear of Engine
G113 - (Diesel) Primary Battery Engine Ground
G114 - Battery Engine Ground
G115 - (Diesel) Primary Battery Body Ground
G116 - Battery Frame Ground
G117 - (Diesel) Auxilary Battery Engine Ground
G118 - (Diesel) Primary Frame Ground
G120 - (Diesel) Auxilary Battery Body Ground
G200 - Left Cowl
G201 - Instrument Panel Right Center Support
G300 - Left Lower Cowl
G301 - Below Left Rear Speaker
G302 - At Overhead Console

What circuits are affected? It might be wiser to track down the related grounds that way instead of looking at all of them and not knowing which one might be the problem.

I have the time so i am going to do them all.This truck has a mind of its own and i am bound to make it a team player.
Thanks Aggiejustin.

I understand the desire to check them all, especially with grounds. Crazy stuff can happen even to circuits that would appear to be unrelated and have a good ground.

On the other hand, if there are common problems you are fighting you might be able to look extra close at the associated grounds.

I understand the desire to check them all, especially with grounds. Crazy stuff can happen even to circuits that would appear to be unrelated and have a good ground.

On the other hand, if there are common problems you are fighting you might be able to look extra close at the associated grounds.

I am with you all the way.The grounds are the starting point for me.
Intermittent problems suck the most.
Alot of times i will be working on something like a code number with the injection pump then you call the seller and the first thing they will say is did you check all the grounds.
So now i can rule that out.
I have a 215 and a 219 both are new parts.So it is time to rule out things one at a time.

Chasin' grounds is worse than a root canal. All everyone ever says on the boards is "you have a ground problem." Hog wash. :D What electrical problems are you having?

All everyone ever says on the boards is "you have a ground problem." Hog wash. :D

That's most likely because they don't know how to troubleshoot the problem or just don't know period. I'm also always amused when people call everything a "short" even if the circuit is completely open.

What electrical problems are you having?

I want to know too, which is why I asked, because maybe I can help. I have access to schematics for most of these 2nd gen pickups.

My truck is having a surge and a miss I think it misses all the time even when at Hwy speed, I belive it is a all in one. Fix one and the other should be fixed.
You might remember me posting about everything under the hood is brand new, well it is easyer to name what has not been replaced, mapp, ait,and water sensor. Mapp and ait have been checked and rechecked and cleaned. I have cleaned grounds that I can find, even the one behind the starter. It has been on a bypass / or cheeater box which ever you wish to call it and it runs like a champ when on the box then like crap when hooked back to truck. I have throwen 4k at this truck cant throw any more as far as wire harness, 850.00 at Dodge.

DSpeed, I have the '01 diagrams on a CD in a pdf file if they would help ya. Tell me what you need to see and I'll post the pages.

JL...you didn't mention the APPS. Have you messed with it? That is like the "ground" issue that everyone says. Everyone always say "APPS" too, but you didn't mention it and it sounds relevant.

I have two apps and they both check out ok. I cleaned the the ground behind the starter. I was told that was the ground for the apps.
I guess all I need is the grounds under the hood.

Chasin' grounds is worse than a root canal. All everyone ever says on the boards is "you have a ground problem." Hog wash. :D What electrical problems are you having?

Now this in intermittent.Drive the truck 15 miles,shut it down 1 hr,start it up it is fine.The next day drive 20 or so miles shut it down 3 hrs.Turn key to on and the tach bounces along with the lift pump running at the same time on and off.In the pdc the fuel relay clicks,in the cab fuse box clicks.Turn the key off and the cab fuse box still clicks and the fass pump still runs.
Now sometimes i get no codes! Sometimes i get 232,219,215,1689,341,1690,370,1693.
Sometimes i just get 215,219
The ip is new
The cam sensor is new
The ecm is new
the ecm and pcm wire harnesses are new.
The truck runs and shifts fine everything works in the cab as well.

DSpeed, I have the '01 diagrams on a CD in a pdf file if they would help ya. Tell me what you need to see and I'll post the pages.

JL...you didn't mention the APPS. Have you messed with it? That is like the "ground" issue that everyone says. Everyone always say "APPS" too, but you didn't mention it and it sounds relevant.

Just come over with a big hammer and a gun.This truck needs an attitude adjustment.
I will get back to you on the pdf thanks.

I think you have a wire harness grounding out to the chassis or cabl somewhere. $.02

What fun! After checking all fuses and repairing some grounds,somehow i vin locked my own truck with the smarty.Talk about kicking me when i am down.
What..ever!