Little brother spanked my 05 PSD...Now what to do???

This is way off topic :D but I have a quick question.

I have a buddy with an '03 Dodge LWB and I keep telling him we need to straight pipe it and he's game, but it'll take me hooking him up to do it.

You said his has a muff delete? Where can you get a muffler delete for the stock system?

We pieced out of stainless steel tubing and welded it up. We did the same thing to his X and my F250. We'll be doing it in place of the kitty on mine soon as I get the SCT.

Thanks Shadow.

I knew it wasn't the right forum, but it was mentioned so I went off topic. :wrong:

I scanned the Dodge forum and didn't see anything.

Back to Ford stuff. :D

You can just go to a BIG truck parts place get a piece of pipe and two clamps and there you go.

Most of the time they will only have 4" and up. Very few places have 3 1/2" stainless tubing to use for exhaust. We aquired a 10' straight piece and have been using that for all our exhaust mods along with cutting up another F250 stainless steel exhaust system we had from awhile back. All in all it works out real good as it all is 3 1/2", stainless steel, welded up on a table and straight thru. It cost us nothing but time out in our shop.

zukgod1 said:
This is why I love this site, we all try to be faster that the "other" guys then everyone helps make it faster and more reliable. Dodge, Ford, Chevy.
We all want power....:ylsuper:
Gettin there is half the fun if not all.

:Cheer:

dan

Dan, I never thought about it that way, but you are absolutly right, that is what makes this place so cool. Thanks for the Kind words.:thankyou2:

Ok, Fellow Diesel drivers, I am the spanker brother:owned: . I do love driving my wifes X with the 6.0 diesel W/superchip & 2" lift no muffler, BFAF and diff intake. Yes it spanks my dodge very bad. I can not go any more on the 5.9, because I have the RE47 :badidea: trans and it won't take the HP. AND yes it is only who has the $$$ to make his Diesel go fast. not the make. But if you chip them 6.0's boy they take off.:woohoo:

Last edited:
what is SCT?
sorry but it's just not registering in my head..... long day.
I have the same truck from the sound of it
2005 PSD CC long bed FX4

So, now that I decided I AM going to get the SCT, what options to the extreme street tune should I get for my extra 100 bucks?

Mostly daily driving empty and just hot rodding back and forth from work. I do realize that my mind and right foot has the ultimate responsibility.
I do pull 3000-5000 lbs every couple of weeks in the summer which I could download to the tow tune.

Should I get PI up till 1000-1100 rpms? TC lockup in 3,4,5 or 4,5 or ??? Shift points in 3,4,5 at 3600? Electronically eliminate the EGR? What else?

Going to 35" Cooper Discoverer ATS tires soon and will have straight through 3 1/2" exhaust (no muffler or kitty). Also going to get Cobalt Autometer gauges (pyro, boost, water and tranny temp) over the rear view mirror.

For intown, low speed driving, the lock up program is a pain in the ass.I would recommend a copy of your tune with and w/o the converter lock up just incase you don't like how the truck lugs with the converter locked.
Go with the EGR disabled as well

We are going to do the EGR remove on my Wifes X this weekend, anybody want to watch?? ST. Louis.
start on it sat when I get off of work.
My Box on my Dodge is going off of my truck. I will get a diff box. to keep up with my bro's 2005 6.0.
Its just money.

Last edited:
Back