Locker for strip/street

Lostnwalmart

So I'm looking for a good locker for my current project which will be a weekend toy/racetruck. I know an arb air locker would be the best choice for both worlds but that price tag plus supporting equipment is hard to swallow (although on board air would be nice). I have been looking into the powertrax no slip and it seems like a good unit for a reasonable price(this is their newer quieter unit) . I currently have a "spooled" rear but don't want to wear though tires like crazy at 200 a tire. I have looked at a few ls but when at the track I have slicks and dont want any slipage. The axle in question is a 3.55 dana 80.

Is your truck a scsb? I looked at that thread but there was more nonsense about gears and dana 70 go boom than any thing else. How does the truck handle on the street?

Regular cab short box.
I like the detroit. I don't notice it while driving on the street. A lot better than the lincoln we had in it before.

I have been looking at a detroit for my 3.07 dana 70 in my 1st gen as well.

Cliff let me know if you drop the hammer on this soon I am in the market for a D80 spool.

Well the Dana 70 is under it right now and it has some how magically fused itself together LOL. That being said its not a Dana 80 spool.

Detroit truetrac great street manner in be good for track. We run one in front of our pull truck. In have installed several in customers truck.

I have a Richmond Lock-Rite in mine and it is holding up well. I just used 85w-140 to keep the ratcheting noise down.

I really like the way it drives. It does not seem as harsh as the detroit lockers that I have rode in, if I get on it a little through a turn you can still feel it lock just not really that jolt. The unit is very quiet I can only hear ratcheting when making a u-turn. It locks up strong anything from burnouts to doughnuts both rears are spinning. I can not feel when it releases, just seems really smooth. All and all I feel it is a very street friendly unit.
I also want to mention that installation was a breeze, and the price is very hard to beat. I got mine from Summit for I think around $420.

Would be really surprised if you broke a lock rite in the rear of a street strip truck.

I really like the way it drives. It does not seem as harsh as the detroit lockers that I have rode in, if I get on it a little through a turn you can still feel it lock just not really that jolt. The unit is very quiet I can only hear ratcheting when making a u-turn. It locks up strong anything from burnouts to doughnuts both rears are spinning. I can not feel when it releases, just seems really smooth. All and all I feel it is a very street friendly unit.
I also want to mention that installation was a breeze, and the price is very hard to beat. I got mine from Summit for I think around $420.

Don't you need an open diff to use the Richmond Lock-Rite?

Dangerous you do, but the dana 80 I have available is a open rear, my main concern is if I will have to re stup the shock mounts. Mine has both going to the rear and dont know about the 80.

Scott simple answer is no tires cost to much for a spool, which it currently has. Also how is your truck coming along?

Back