Long time listner, First time Calle... err.. Poster.

LCexplorer

I have belonged to this forum for about 5 years and somehow failed to even post here as I am not much posting especially if I don't have anything to contribute, more listening.

Anyways I thought I would start here as I have been gathering parts for a 2nd gen V10 swap to P-pump 12V and I am unable to post any replies in the classified section as a result (which is a really good policy, I may add as nothing ruins a classifieds section quicker than a bunch of spammers).

As for my background I have a 1st gen Cummins, that my Pops bought off the lot and I learned to drive on, every body panel is about to fall off at 600K with the auto tranny being replaced 3 times, the rear end twice and one VE pump rebuild but still on the original 12v block. Not very hardcore with the only mod being a 4" exhaust, but I can still hop in her turn the key and drive 18 hrs to Cali in it (as long the body panels don't fall off...).

I also have an old 1st gen Crew cab dually 2wd Cummins conversion, not very stunning as it is more of a project needing paint and body work but I did pick it up with the Cummins swap work done so in went another VE pump 12V with the old 727 auto (it was what I had at the time). I do like the truck but it requires a captains license to turn around as it is a long box and the lack of overdrive is killing me, a NV4500 may be in it's future, but she dead simple to work on.

My most recent project is the aforementioned V10 to P-pump 12v swap on my 2nd gen. This truck was purchased as it was easier to maneuver as I worked in the city than my first gen and it was converted to run on CNG which I got for free at the time. Since CNG is no longer free and the V10 sucks donkey balls, time for a swap to a P-pump 12V from my short lived 2nd gen dually (got T-boned shortly after building it, so much for the quad cab swap).

Probably more information than required but thought may as well make a proper long winded introduction, I will try to cut down on the BS next time.

"Long time listner, First time Calle... err.. Poster." I see what you did there! Welcome!