look at my rail pressure

If you don't see or hear any changes in the engine while this is going on I would bet money it is the harness at the RP sensor. Take the connectors apart and use some dielectric grease in them, then make sure they go together properly, and zip tie all the wires so there is no play in them. See what that does for you. Worst case your out a couple $ for the grease and 15 minutes.

the engine load does change when the pressure rises. as the pressure rises at idle it sounds as if i had too much timing. something is going on and i have change absolutely everything other than sending the cp3 off to get tested and getting a hole new set of injectors. those are the last two possibilities and if those don't fix the problem then i have a wire jacked up somehwere.

the engine load does change when the pressure rises. as the pressure rises at idle it sounds as if i had too much timing. something is going on and i have change absolutely everything other than sending the cp3 off to get tested and getting a hole new set of injectors. those are the last two possibilities and if those don't fix the problem then i have a wire jacked up somehwere.

I'd pull the connector off the fca when its idling, the pressure should ramp up, and hold constant....idle will sound advanced, but not change around...(Dont' drive it this way)

If your rail pressure holds good and isn't bouncing around then it's likley rail-guage - wiring harness.

That would be the most likley since the starscan isn't showing it.....commanded and actual would look right to it.

I have pulled the connector and the pressure does rise and hold at 27k. Now when you say rail gauge wiring harness you mean my rp gauge or my rp sensor? I was having this problem before in installed my rp gauge and i have already switched out the rp sensor.

i would call Pricol because they hace a jumper harness to put in line for modded cp3s. I ordered my gauges from Genos garage and they gave me the number. i don't have the number. I would try that.

it was the cp3! i put a stock cp3 on, that Clayton over at lonestar diesel was willing to let me use until i get mine back from floor it, and problem solved. no more erratic rp readings. the tuck runs smoother and the power comes on a lot better. John where are you! i need to send my pump to you!

Try just the fca that is what mine was doing once I got home from new cp3 being installed. John got me another fca asap and it has ben great since.

i have replaced the fca twice. there is something actually going on inside the pump. im just happy that the problem was finally found!

i have heard some dmax guys having this problem after modding their fca where rp was really high at idle in the teens and they were able to use efi to correct the problem but sounds like you have it narrowed so best of luck to you and let us know what you find out