Looking 4 a built 68rfe

smith075

I am in the market for a built 68rfe. I've talked to a few ppl here and either they're not working on them or they don't thank they can build one to hold any power that I'll be happy with. Any one got any ideas or suggestions on who I can talk to

Suncoast is about your best option. How much power you looking to hold? What year truck?

I called Lavon about building a 68RFE he really had no interest in building one for something over 5-600 HP

tim builds great stuff!

Yes he does. He built the trans in my 01 and was going to have him do my 68 but at the time his turn around time was too great and I need that truck for work, so went with a new factory unit. His price on the 68 rebuild he gave me was very reasonable

Had a nadp for 5 k caterd got a new one. On warranty lasted 8k then I went a bought a full race from sun coast lasted 11 k now I've had a ats for 30k never a issue she put down 708hp last summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just cause a shop knows how to build a built 47/48re doesn't mean they know how to build a 68. Suncoast has been doing lots of R&D on the 68re. Their M3GA68 competition units are holding in some 1000hp trucks. Revmax seems to have a very similar unit with a good warranty. ATS takes a different approach; no bigger OD hub. They make use of their Co-pilot along with beefed up internals. No cheerleader here.. speaking from experience. I run a SC M3GA68 comp unit in a 750hp truck with zero issues after 15k miles.

Had a nadp for 5 k caterd got a new one. On warranty lasted 8k then I went a bought a full race from sun coast lasted 11 k now I've had a ats for 30k never a issue she put down 708hp last summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are 68's or 48's?

Im also in the market for a built 68 for my new ride. Wonder what it would take to make a good 48 fit a 4th gen and work?

Chris, 48 fits great in the place of a 68. Gimme a call if you need info on it. Other than that, I got a the best purple unit offered in my 2011 right now. Its holding ok, but very harsh. Floor vibrates when locked and it has a mind of its own. Downshifts out of the blue and feels like a bindup on a 48. Definately not what we are used to feeling with one of daves vb's. BUT, there may be something awesome just over the horizon in the 68RFE world. Stay tuned.

Back