Looking 4 a built 68rfe

Chris, 48 fits great in the place of a 68. Gimme a call if you need info on it. Other than that, I got a the best purple unit offered in my 2011 right now. Its holding ok, but very harsh. Floor vibrates when locked and it has a mind of its own. Downshifts out of the blue and feels like a bindup on a 48. Definately not what we are used to feeling with one of daves vb's. BUT, there may be something awesome just over the horizon in the 68RFE world. Stay tuned.

I dropped down there this afternoon and bought the white parts truck from Dave and harrassed Craig a bit about doing something with my new truck trans and he just cringed. Told me to keep it stock power for now. He obviously knows that isnt going to happen. I want to have it over 800 RWHP by years end. Ill get some cosmetic upgrades done and by the end of my busy season Ill start ripping into the mechanical. By summer time Ill have to be 500 RWHP to tow proper so Ill be in touch!

Sounds good. The 68s are holding 5-600 pretty decent. But until the new stuff get tested, 48 is the way to go.

68RFE By Suncoast Is Dependable

I run a suncoast 68rfe m3ga pull 24000 lb trailers and race - DD works great shifts where I need it to.

It will take what I give it, And you will enjoy it as well.

I have a Revmax 850 in my truck with their lock up race valve body. Have a little over 2000 miles on it without any problems, it has never missed a beat. Good luck.

I did kind of a hybrid stage i think.
It has everything except the billet input or flex plate.
The big thing to actually hold the power and make it last is the billet drum, which i opted for.
My goal was a solid daily driver, tow, etc.. I don't race it but im not easy on it either.
HP wasn't my goal, dependability, longevity, an durability was.
Its worth calling (prob leave a message) and discussing what you need, they are an outstanding shop!

Sent from my fphone

i have talked to carl, nice guy. answered alot of questions..how much did you end up spending for everything??
i am also thinking about going with revmax and their 700 trans.. thanks

I supplied a tuned tcm and my own deep pan, besides that it was by far a better price than the others.
Good luck!

Sent from my fphone

What kind of hard parts are that red line? For 8000 id expect a little more info than hocus pokus.

What kind of hard parts are that red line? For 8000 id expect a little more info than hocus pokus.

i did not inquire about the stage 5 ($7999 trans) however i did discuss the stage 3($5800 trans)...sounds like the stage 3 gets the bigger drum and better clutches but not higher line presures or bigger trans pan or tcm tuning...however karl did say that he can mix and match to your specific needs and or wants...

i do not think he uses "hocus pokus" but with a 68rfe it may be needed:lolly:

All im saying is Id expect to know what it consists of for that kind of scratch. What better way than in writing? It would take all of two minutes for them to type it.

O.P ended up going to a nice 68rfe revmax unit and a new t.c set up. So far it's been pretty soild. Put just enough miles on it to break the trans in before it hit the rollers for some base numbers. We've got are base number's and have put pretty limited miles on it so far, but at this point what a difference. Truck is tore down now for a pretty sweet set up. Once the rest of the back ordered items get in my hands we will put that revmax through its paces with some soild power. So I'm sure him or myself will keep everyone updated with how well this thing holds up.

has anyone ran a BD 68RFE? how are they holding up and how's there shiftability for comfort driving?

Make sure you get the billet drum whatever 68 you go with.

Sent from my fphone

Back