looking for a primary to use with my 64/68/14

ThunderedRod

Hot Pants
well after a few of my friends bought "add a s475 kits" I want to get in on the action.. And i just acquired a mig in trade for some truck work and want to take a stab at making my own piping. I was thinking in a style close to the ii kits on the market that use 3rd gen exhaust manifolds.
But im looking to do this on a pretty tight budget :lolly:

So here is my idea. Keep my 64/68/14 and add a primary. After doing some digging around here and on google Im still pretty much in the dark. I do know that i want to be in the 600-700 hp range. Also id like to decrease the lag i have with the 64 and bring my egts down to a more comfortable temperature at wot. Maybe only run about 60-70 psi. I also know I want to run a box stock turbo to keep costs down. Just by looking at what other people have did say a s480 would be a good choice but really I have no clue what size to go with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adding a turbo will not decrease the lag. Wouldn't bother with a 480 on anything less than 750ish

You have lag with that charger?!? I run the same thing on my little ve truck and it lites now, seems some tuning on your smarty is in tune (no pun intended). what are your settings? I ran a 62/73/14 and 75/96/1.10 and that spooled at 1800 if not sooner
I'd ditch the third gen mani but that's just me

I'll look into ht4bs i have seen them for cheap in the for sale section. My other concern is what kind of exhaust housing I should get. There are so many damn opinions it makes my head spin. What are the characteristics of bigger and smaller wheels?

As far as smarty tuning goes I have been all over the place. Tired just about everything. My go to DD tune is lvl 5 rail 3, timing 4, tq 3. This is the newest TNT-r program.

Sent from my fancy thinking box