Looking for ideas on cams

ramtough01

I dont know to much on cams but would like to put a different one in my new engine im building. Heres what my truck as for now. Its ppumped with 5kspring i have 110valve springs with a 66mm turbo and thinking of getting my stock pistons fly cut.

I dont know to much on cams but would like to put a different one in my new engine im building. Heres what my truck as for now. Its ppumped with 5kspring i have 110valve springs with a 66mm turbo and thinking of getting my stock pistons fly cut.

If you are really wanting to make power at the higher rpm (above 4300) I would fly cut the pistons .080" to be safe and give a little room to grow and go for the 200-220.

The specs are 200-220@.050" .340" intake lift .360" exh lift on a 109LSA

They work really well in setups like yours, especially if you have your head ported. THey will also still work okay for a truck that drives on the street.

Thanks, and let me know if you need anything else.

Zach

Thanks dont want to go that high in rpms prolly what would work best for 4k rpms? stock head

I would go for the 188-220 as it will help spool the turbo better as well as make the most power in that range. In fact it makes killer power up to about 4300 +/- depending on timing, head porting, injectors etc. It requires no fly cuts on the pistons as well.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Zach

Can you pm me a price on the 188-220 and 200 220 please Also would you need a core?

A scheid diesel 300/300 cam would be a good one. Ecspecially if you plan on porting the head later. it will also help with spooling the charger, so you could switch to a larger exshaust housing wich would raise boost pressure. :ft:

ramtough, I have put zach's 188/220 in a few trucks and it works great makes a big difference.
samaras, scheid builds good stuff but i thinks its rude to bring up their products in zachs forum

ramtough, I have put zach's 188/220 in a few trucks and it works great makes a big difference.
samaras, scheid builds good stuff but i thinks its rude to bring up their products in zachs forum

X2
Mark

Thanks what i like to hear

And your right but i wasnt going to say anything

If you are really wanting to make power at the higher rpm (above 4300) I would fly cut the pistons .080" to be safe and give a little room to grow and go for the 200-220.

The specs are 200-220@.050" .340" intake lift .360" exh lift on a 109LSA

They work really well in setups like yours, especially if you have your head ported. THey will also still work okay for a truck that drives on the street.

Thanks, and let me know if you need anything else.

Zach

the 200/220 is streetable???

I want to formally apologize to zach for this... Zach im exstremly sorry for bringing up scheid in this forum. i didnt even notice that it was in hamiltons sub section... i thought everyone was just giving openions, either way im sorry. :bang