Looking for light rims for racing..

The rear stuff just bolts on too?

I bought the front and rear loaded calipers from napa. The calipers came with caliper brackets installed. I also bought the matching 2nd gen rotors (some guys just turn down the 3rd gen rotors) All of the rotors went right on. The rear calipers also bolted right up. The front calipers needed a very small touch with a grinder to fit -- it took about 10 seconds of grinding. All of the dust shields remained in place. You will need four 3/8 x 24 banjo bolts for the brake lines, as the 3rd gen uses metric bolts. I had to hit the junk yard and pull some off of a ford navigator as none of the parts houses had any in stock. I'll do a little write up with pictures and part numbers in the next couple days. I wish I had a scale at the shop to compare weight of the parts. The second gen stuff is definitely lighter.

jp

Over on mcrats site folks are claiming 20" BMF wheels are weighing at 56lbs WITH the tire mounted!!

Thats same as what others said their 16" PYOs w/ 265 proxis weigh.

Method wheels may be an avenue to check.

Mickey Classic II are 24# for 17x9 & 26# for 18x10. FWIW

This i have to look into...

MRW will make lightweight steel wheels, call them and ask if your curious. The price was also very reasonable (I can't remember how much).

Over on mcrats site folks are claiming 20" BMF wheels are weighing at 56lbs WITH the tire mounted!!

Thats same as what others said their 16" PYOs w/ 265 proxis weigh.

Method wheels may be an avenue to check.

Mickey Classic II are 24# for 17x9 & 26# for 18x10. FWIW

That sounds a little light for the BMFs... maybe with their Forged wheels, but they are VERY SPENDY!!!! But I do not think the cast BMFs are anywhere near that light, especially in a 20-inch size!!!

That sounds a little light for the BMFs... maybe with their Forged wheels, but they are VERY SPENDY!!!! But I do not think the cast BMFs are anywhere near that light, especially in a 20-inch size!!!

I would have to agree.. Since a 305/50/20 tire is close to 49 lbs..

Real Wheels are making a set for me. Options are endless. Like anything, the weight all depends on what you want to spend.