Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

Just remember the rear end you wanting to buy make sure can still get parts for.
Cheaper is not always a good thing.
Dale

Yes and the 2spd are not really the strongest either.. you can find f106s all day long but they also have their weak points especally under a 2wd diesel. Depending on your trans would determine your gear ratio.. with my nv4500 i playes with anything from a 4.10 4.46.4.88 in the d80 and a 6.20 in my 2 ton.

Now i have got a 7.28 and a 6.20 chunk for my 2 ton but i can also do a gear swap in the SCS to acomidate. makes rear ends alot easier to come by lol.
my next step will be a SQHR.

Yes and the 2spd are not really the strongest either.. you can find f106s all day long but they also have their weak points especally under a 2wd diesel. Depending on your trans would determine your gear ratio.. with my nv4500 i playes with anything from a 4.10 4.46.4.88 in the d80 and a 6.20 in my 2 ton.

Now i have got a 7.28 and a 6.20 chunk for my 2 ton but i can also do a gear swap in the SCS to acomidate. makes rear ends alot easier to come by lol.
my next step will be a SQHR.
that beast draggin a sled yet?

If all goes as planned she will be ready for the 2014 season. Chassis is almost done got a few more engine parts to pick up, then paint and body work. Im gonna have to learn how to drive this thing all over again lol

I've got a 62mm s300 off a cat engine in good shape, and I have a buddy who has everything except a pump for a p-pump swap he offered to trade me, what do y'all think?

Thought you was going to a Ppump awhile back.Did you get ahold of Keven at NorthEast Diesel for one of the 8.3 pumps

Dale

Thought you was going to a Ppump awhile back.Did you get ahold of Keven at NorthEast Diesel for one of the 8.3 pumps

Dale

That deal fell through, and I'm not going to have the funds to complete the build, so I'm going to drop it and turn it into a rat rod. I already done some trading and got a body off a 47 dodge truck.

Ok guys looks like I'm going to have a 47 dodge 2wd pulling truck. I'm fixing to build a stock appearing turbo. Hx35 base should I go with the stock 12cm housing on the exhaust side or I have a 21cm. Those are free. Lol I can get 14,16,18 fairly cheep.

ve was sold, looking at a 215 pump with 5k gsk full cut delivery valves and an adjustable fuel plate. I have a dual fuel set up and I'm fixing to strip it down to the frame.

Nice ... this looks like my build thread ..LOL

I can never make up my mind , was thinking about 1/4 mile 2wd... street smasher too

still in the works also ..

Currently I have the body off the engine and transmission is ready to pull, I bought an engine out of a bus, I've got the tires that I'm going to run, still doing some deciding on the turbo. thinking s366 right now. my biggest thing is that I don't believe the g-rag will hold out much longer, and I'm not sure whether to go with an nv4500 or a built 47rh.