Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

I have 250 bucks in this rear i have now.... I could have bought it 10 times over in what i spent trying to keep my 80 together.

What rear is in your truck? I will be looking for one here soon, and i know about the sqhr and sqhd. I was figuring a rear end would be much more expensive than that.

Going with a big rearend is like putting money in the bank for HP.

Dale

The Rearend in Lynn's truck can be had much cheaper than the other mentioned, has beefier factory parts, and also has a ring gear support button to reduce flex at the pinion. If memory serves me right, they also use a 1480 U-joint. I was told they were found mostley in 60-80's GM 2 ton trucks, but are also found in others. Just wish I could remember what they are called...... Lynn, call Irah or Keith. They run the same rearends in thier 2wd Gassers for years, so I'm sure they can tell you exactly what they are and to get parts for other gear sets.

Last edited:
The Rearend in Lynn's truck can be had much cheaper than the other mentioned, has beefier factory parts, and also has a ring gear support button to reduce flex at the pinion. If memory serves me right, they also use a 1480 U-joint. I was told they were found mostley in 60-80's GM 2 ton trucks, but are also found in others. Just wish I could remember what they are called...... Lynn, call Irah or Keith. They run the same rearends in thier 2wd Gassers for years, so I'm sure they can tell you exactly what they are and to get parts for other gear sets.

Ill see Ira at work tomorrow and ask him.

with 400-500hp 4x4 youll tear up a d80, upgrade to save money in the long run. i cant wait to see this on the track.

I can't wait to see it ether. I will most likely be pulling it april 7th, but it will be just to hook to the sled. i think i read that the hook was only like $10 anyways. Not entirely sure. I'll be running in the street truck class this time.

so what would be the strategy for me pulling stock with an open differential. so far my plan is put it in 2nd slip the clutch till it starts moving then hammer down. I also hope not to break anything, but we are gonna trailer it in. lol

so what would be the strategy for me pulling stock with an open differential. so far my plan is put it in 2nd slip the clutch till it starts moving then hammer down. I also hope not to break anything, but we are gonna trailer it in. lol

thats your best bet but if it keeps slipping get out of it or you may ruin the clutch and drive it there and trailer home or they may not let you pull in the street class. thats how it is here, somebody will ***** even if its bone stock.

The way it sounds, with my d70 and the mods I have I better bring a trailer for the first time I give it a shot.

cant hurt, theres times i would of killed for a ride home. sucks when the only truck with a gooseneck hitch is the broken one.

The pull is next weekend, pretty sure i'm still gonna pull, but we have to get my cousins truck going 1st. He's the one that's gonna be pulling the trailer. He broke his p-pump. we can turn the shaft by hand, and it's not pumping anything. He's got a rebuilt one on it's way.