Lopey Idle

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Well, I put some 100 HP Scheid Sticks in the Blue Bomb this weekend, and I'm going to have to have them tweaked up a bit. They lope something awful at idle. I called Jeff Garmon and he told me that the pop off pressures were probably set too high and they need to be adjusted a bit. It does run llike a raped ape now though.:woohoo: Smoke is very managable if I keep the foot off the soot pedal.

Give it a 3-5 restarts to make sure the air is out of the lines... that causes lope on ours a lot.

brnaodn.

It has been started several times, and driven probably 100 miles. I'm gonna have to yank the sticks back out this Saturday

Well that sucks! Atleast they're easier than dmax injectors... we fought those for about 6-8 hours per side.

brnadon.

I know you probably did this, but it never hurts to check. Do all the old injectors still have the copper washers on them? Do you have any sign of leaks where the injection lines go into the head? #6 is often the problem, because it's so hard to see/get to.

Paul

joefarmer said:
Give it a 3-5 restarts to make sure the air is out of the lines... that causes lope on ours a lot.

brnaodn.
I suggested the air in lines deal to Timbeaux over the phone, suggested he crack each line starting with the back.....then asked if they were matched injectors..... Garmon will set them straight to flow evenly....:pop:

and some times bigger sticks just cause these motors to lope.

The washers are all acounted for, and I cant see any visible fuel leaks.

edgerat said:
and some times bigger sticks just cause these motors to lope.

Not like this... this is more of a Romp, romp, romp....sounds like a geeked up 12v pulling truck

Mine do the same thing, But it seem to go away once warm. When it is cold and you put it in gear it lurches and almost sound like it is going to stall, I had Jeff put them in, so I will have him check it on Sat.

Mine is a more than a little lope, it shakes the whole damn truck and warmup does not help at all. you will see Saturday LOL

It'll be nice to see what that O'le thing makes on the Dyno.:rockwoot:

Have you had it on Davids or anyones dyno before?

the stocker isnt exaxtly happy with the situation, but it is very drivable.

Rich, if you mean me, yah I have had it up there before, but not since the turbo and tips have been in, I am interested to see what I get.

Tim, are they only doing that at idle? They had a slight hic-up when I first installed them but after I went to a pusher pump system a couple of weeks later I never experienced that again. I figured they were begging for more fuel with the other bombs on the truck. Give a update if you wouldn't mind.

James

Speakin of huffers, I am trying to figure out, in Brandons avatar, which one blows more hot air??LOL.............

image.php

just messin Brandon!!!!lol

haz-mat19 said:
Rich, if you mean me, yah I have had it up there before, but not since the turbo and tips have been in, I am interested to see what I get.
What were the numbers? I think they are over on Davids site, right?