Loping??

is loping a good thing? im new to diesels im used to being around gassers

........... cause it is awesome?

It could have been a real question this fella is seeking an honest answer too...

Billet input shafts.

I have never heard a VE pumped engine lope...

not shure it can be done without a P7100 swap.

Dar

What makes a diesel lope?..
Chuck-Norris.jpg

You have to have the EFI live lope tune loaded to the ECM on the VE pumps. Its some extensive tuning, and its not cheap, but just the lope its self picked up 300hp on the dyno at idle. I think it was the shock loads from the loping that caused the huge power spike.

well those are all great answers... haha if ya want a good laugh. idk about ve's loping jqmile (i think thats his name on here) from diesel power. his rust bucket truck lopes some due to his 14mm hea i believe. but its not a real hard lope like a p pump. p pumps lope usually when running bigger fuel lines. has something to do with the same amount of fuel being pushed through bigger diameter lines creates the delay between the lopes. ive read it before but forgot all the fancy terms used and such. no real gain from a lope. sounds kinda cool but can be a pain at times. newer trucks have lope tunes which are really just useless cept to sound cool

What makes a diesel lope?..

Poor tuning. A diesel shouldn't lope no matter what cam, injection pump, injectors, turbo or anything else is used on it.

but its not a real hard lope like a p pump. p pumps lope usually when running bigger fuel lines. has something to do with the same amount of fuel being pushed through bigger diameter lines creates the delay between the lopes.
Nope. Poor adjustment and/or parts choice. A Hydraulic system has no delay. Choosing the correct delivery valves will fix the lope and not hinder power output.
If sled pullers making 2000+hp can idle without a lope, there is no reason a sub-1000hp street engine can't.

newer trucks have lope tunes which are really just useless cept to sound cool
FYI, when people hear a diesel lope they don't think "thats cool", they think "whats wrong with that POS".

Last edited:
Poor tuning. A diesel shouldn't lope no matter what cam, injection pump, injectors, turbo or anything else is used on it.

Nope. Poor adjustment and/or parts choice. A Hydraulic system has no delay. Choosing the correct delivery valves will fix the lope and not hinder power output.
If sled pullers making 2000+hp can idle without a lope, there is no reason a sub-1000hp street engine can't.

FYI, when people hear a diesel lope they don't think "thats cool", they think "whats wrong with that POS".

FWIW I have never heard a promod pull truck not lope.

I'm pretty sure the .093 lines you sold me have something to do with it, although it seems to have gotten worse.

Mine is really pop off pressure sensitive. How long since yours were set?

How did I not know you were doing all you magic in a 1st gen truck? I feel so out of the loop! LOL