Los Banos CA Pull May 4

Looks like a Shipman event, have fun with that, Howard and give em hell :)

Oh yeah, get us some pictures and video's :)

Scott

I was a Shipman event, I guess Mike screwed up on the schedule and put that at first but now it is apparently a VTPA event.

See ya there Cole but I won't be stayin for the pulls.

Joe

9 trucks in stock, and 7 in extreme. A lot of new trucks I have never seen. Esteves won stock with his brand new duramax, the RPM duramax took second, my cousin took third. Victor Silveira took 1st in extreme the red regular cab second gen with the big chrome stacks took second, some gasser got third and I came in fourth. I'll have the video up later.

Was the track real loose or the sled set too tight? 215' for a first place hook is terrible.

-Tom

Tom, the sled did feel tight. I usually come out of the hole better then i did on that pull. Not sure if we were pulling the same gear as the XD class, but they weren't doing much better! Atleast we were not pulling the sled out of a ditch @ the start like the guy's on the small sled :(

The sled was real tight, the track was super loose, and it was only a 250' track. Not very good conditions but it was ran smooth and was a good event.

Man, this comes as no suprise.

-Tom

Why is that?

Do you guys really think that it was a loose track or did you spin on top.

IMO that track was a bitting track. Rarely do I run weight on the front of my tractor. I ran weight on the front the other night and I was still lookin at the moon.
Maybe your opinions will change after hughson.

I was told Hughson was a sand track like Turlock, it is on a high school track which is just like gustine and that's a loose track also.

Why is that?

Do you guys really think that it was a loose track or did you spin on top.

IMO that track was a bitting track. Rarely do I run weight on the front of my tractor. I ran weight on the front the other night and I was still lookin at the moon.
Maybe your opinions will change after hughson.

What tractor/class is yours? I did not go, but I have seen/delt with these tracks out in CA and most/all of them are not biting tracks. You either run too much tire and dig 6 ruts down the track without picking up any speed, or not enough tire and sit up on top. Or, the track isn't half bad but they have the sled set so the winning hook is 215'.

-Tom

Back