Lose the Vac Pump

cumminstroked

Correct me if i'm wrong but the only thing the vacuum pump runs is heat, air, and auto hubs. If i were to get rid of the vac pump and canister the only thing it would affect is the heat, air and auto hubs, but i can manually lock my hubs and everything work fine. This is for a dedicated puller so no need for heat and ac.
Thanks ahead of time.

the heater would default to defrost only.. but what are you gaining by removing it..

I would like to have the extra room for an intake setup for my guillotine and hose may help with a hood stack too... Room is the only purpose really. I haven't decided if i need it yet though since I don't have my motor back in and its getting a different charger so thats what it'll really depend on.

If you dont need it the vac chamber is the biggest thing to ditch. You could still keep the pump and move it somewhere else so you can keep the heat selection..or make a smaller vac chamber and move it..

Yeah i dont think the pump will be in too much of my way but the big chamber just seems so inconveniant. Thanks for the input

Remember, the vacuum pump also provides vacuum to the brake booster. Without vacuum, the brakes suck. Unless it's a SD, which uses hydroboost. In which case never mind. LOL

Back