Lost fuel pressure. Gelled?

yjay

I was driving doing errands this morning. It's about 12 degrees. I'd been driving around for an hour or so, stopping at stores, etc., then the truck started to stumble under load and my fuel pressure dropped. As I
I was sitting, it would only make 14psi of fuel pressure at idle. Normally it idles at 19 to 20. The fuel pressure on my Edge then went away, three little dots where the number should be, and it died. If I cycle the key, I don't hear my Raptor coming on. Is it possibly stuck with gelled fuel? I swapped relays and still no pump action.
I did put some Diesel 911 in the filter housing and tank after the fact.

Start simple and go from there. Don't hear the Raptor running? Confirm its status. Check power fuses, etc. It wouldn't be the first time a pureflow product crapped the bed.

Have no idea where you live but the fuel should be good out of the pump at those temps. Any lower and you wan't to supplement ULSD.

I've had "winterized" fuel gel at 20°, I always use the power service white now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Start simple and go from there. Don't hear the Raptor running? Confirm its status. Check power fuses, etc. It wouldn't be the first time a pureflow product crapped the bed.

Have no idea where you live but the fuel should be good out of the pump at those temps. Any lower and you wan't to supplement ULSD.
I swapped out the fuel system relay with the horn relay which is the same and known to work. Is there something else like an additional fuse I'm not aware of? Definitely the coldest day of the year so far. So cold the power steering was lazy.

Last edited:
I swapped out the fuel system relay with the horn relay which is the same and known to work. Is there something else like an additional fuse I'm not aware of?

Yes. There should be a fuse between the battery and the relay. If things were installed neatly the fuse holder will be screwed to some sheet metal somewhere.

Last edited:
OK. Thank you. I will check that out tomorrow.

Ok. i found a 25 amp fuse that i believe is the one screwed to the firewall, not popped. would it be that big of a fuse? Pardon my ignorance, but electrical things baffle me.