lots of damage

06ramcummins

:bang. My truck has been down for the past several months. I finally have had time to tear into this thing to get ready for the diesel drags in Ennis April 10 almost wishing i didn't.

took the truck out a couple of weeks back once I got my new cp3 on. Made two full throttle runs and blew a head gasket!:clap: So I tear into the motor, and not only was my head gasket no good but also 4 head studs were rusted completely. Guess my head gasket had been leaking for some time.

For precaution I dicide to get my head checked out. To add insult to injury my head is cracked in several locations! Son of a mother f=er!!:doh:

Called Arp to get more information on these rusted studs and after I get more information I start doubting what series studs im running. So this entire time I thought ive been running arp 625's. Had a shop install them last year so I look back at the invoice and all it says is head studs. Call the shop up and they cant seem to tell my what series I bought. Color wise im running the 625's, price wise i should have the arp2000's. Couldn't find an exact answer on what series I have so now Im having to buy new 625's. Dang yesterday was expensive!!:bang

I just got the 625's in. in addition to what i listed above my main bearings, and rod bearings were shot. Crank was scuffed a little but nothing an emory cloth and some elbow grease couldn't fix. Also, my piston rings were so worn out that the pistons just fell out! This is going to be a whole new motor. How many miles you guys thing i should drive before i hit the track?

motor is all back together now! gonna stab it tomorrow and see how this sucker runs now!:ylsuper: I want to give a thanks to the guys at ATS, Industrial diesel, and Wally over at FTE Diesel for getting my parts to me in a hurry and for the killer hook ups! All of you did an awesome job and i can not wait to get back in the beast!:rockwoot: I will let you guys know how this thing runs

got the truck running but now i have a butt load of codes. when you put the truck in drive it will only rev to 1000rpm then when you put it in neutral it runs just fine. wtf! i have a po237, po652, p2127, po193. this all tells me my tps switch is bad. but why know? i had no problems before

found the problem! I had a bad rp gauge. dont know why it went bad all of a sudden but im glad i found the problem

sweet.. bring that girl in the avatar with you and we will see you there!

I finally convinced her to come so she will be there, she is my wife. i told her i need to get a sexy avatar pic and she asked me how to change the pic.:clap: