Lots of oil coming from blow by should i worry?

bsmith

Never enough
So I drank a little last night and ended up beating on my truck. I don't really remember.

Anyways I go outside see lots of oil, pretty much the whole drivers side is covered. From the cross member to the axle.

My hose comes out right before the cross member.

There is also a 7"or8" puddle of oil underneath the hose.

I checked my oil, its still full.

I also have a filter on my oil fill cap, lots of residue around this as well.

I've seen oil before but not this much.

Should I add another vent?

I promise you I Didn't drive your truck while you were Passed out!!

lol

Last edited:
Ok. I know I don't have to worry about rust anymore.

If it does it again. What would be the cause?

Hard to say, you need to see where it is coming from first.
Its coming from the hose that is ran to my front cover breather. There was also some oil residue on the valve cover from the filter I have in the oil fill cap.

The oil doesn't start till the cross member.

when i had an open filter in my valve cover it would make one heck of a mess after a couple hard runs. i also get some oil from the blow after a hard run. Im not too worried about it personally

when i had an open filter in my valve cover it would make one heck of a mess after a couple hard runs. i also get some oil from the blow after a hard run. Im not too worried about it personally
Well I've had some before but this is excessive to me.

The whole drivers side frame is covered, fuel tank, the axle, even up in the wheel well.

That front will spit alot of oil. I put a plug from an industrial application in the front cover and put a breather it the valve cover and tappet cover. Thhe oil return for the pump dumps right at the gear in the timing housing so naturally you will have more blow out there when running it hard.

That front will spit alot of oil. I put a plug from an industrial application in the front cover and put a breather it the valve cover and tappet cover. Thhe oil return for the pump dumps right at the gear in the timing housing so naturally you will have more blow out there when running it hard.
Thanks pete, that makes me feel a lot better. I need to get me a 12v tappet cover.

I'm running the stock 24v breather and the stock 12v breather and never have more than a quarter size drop or two after a dozen or so hard runs out of the 24v breather.

I wish I had pictures of how much mine spit out on the first dyno run after the swap. It coated an entire drip pan.

Back