loud popping squealing noise ?????

Graphic Man

driving down the road and all of a sudden i hear a loud popping and squealing noise...it only happens for a split second and stops

i am now at the shop trying to figure it out

i am thinking something is locking up on the front of the motor and stopping the belt....it only happens once in a while but you can feel it trying to stop the motor

any ideas???

Scott

Could it be cutting fuel for a second and trying to kill the motor? Have you checked the fuel filter? how many miles on the VP?

the motor is not cutting out as of starving for fuel but loading down the motor for a split second

i have checked the A/C, turbos, flexplate all seems to be ok

in 20 miles it did it about 4-5 times

i was thinking idler pulley but i can't see that kind of noise coming form that...but i could be wrong

i"ll have to pull the electric fans to get the belt off ( no room to get at it )

i wish i could find the problem :bang:bang:bang

i pulled the belt and everything looks and feels fine.....not sure where to look next

alternator starting to seize up? I guess youd have to watch the draw on your volt meter to see but the lugging of the motor would affect it too...
Hmmm

i was thinking AC pump...did you have the AC/defroster on when it happened? if so try driving with it off so the clutch on the AC pump isnt locking in.

thats the only thing I can think of that would make it do that intermittently...

i check all of the above

looks or sounds like the trans may be popping or slipping (for a lack of a better term)

it's a loud chirping sound only under load....i was thinking it was a turbo noise but i loaded it up in 4x4 to 15 psi and all was good until the truck was moving forward under load.....i am still not 100% it's the trans but that's where i am heading as of right now

broken flex plate??????

full billet DTT flex plate.....i could not see anything wrong when i pulled the dust cover

i think it's the trans .....it's the most unique noise i have ever heard....but when it does happen i can feel something slipping.....the weird thing is it only happens for a split second under load while the truck is in motion .....15psi boost launch won't make it happen until the truck is in motion