louder exhaust

DisplacedOkie

Outlaw
I am currently running a rip rook 5" shorty exhaust with muffler delete pipe, hx 40 dp,and a 7"x24" tip. It is starting to sound a little quiet to me, is there anything out there or any way to make it louder?

I personally think a 4" sounds better on a mildly modded 12v than a 5". I have ran a stock staight pipe 4" 5" and now a 5" to single 7" stack. If loud is what you want go with a stack or stacks.

to me the bigger the exhaust the more tone you get and not as loud i had the 3 inch when i first put the cummins in my truck and when i went with stacks yeah it was kinda louder but i have the exhaust next to my head with stacks but over all it seemed like it was more tone from the echo in the 5 in tubes.

when I went from 5" straight pipe to 5" stacks on my 97, my boss was like "did you put a muffler on it?"

stacks are way louder inside, but way quieter outside...

When I put my stack on my truck it made it a lot louder inside and out.

I guess I'm getting old...I like my exaust quiet these days.
I started this new motor with a 5" straight pipe...after a few thousand miles I couldn't WAIT to get a muffler on it.

I have a 4" dual kit with no muffler and its damn loud outside but not bad inside because the pipes are out the back

I would put a single 7" stack in the bed. I think dual stacks are quieter than a big single.

Run just the downpipe. That will be loud:hehe:. My buddys exhaust came unhooked at the DP and it was loud as hell. Inside and out

i've ran the stock exhaust straight piped in front of the rear tire, but with a resonator still. Then i went to 4" turbo back exhaust straight piped that was deeper, and louder at wot, but too raspy. So then i ran open down pipe for a week while waiting to cut the hole in my bed for my single 6" expanded end turn out, which is deep and very loud at wot, and even idle. then i went to a bullydog 6" exhaust which is the deepest sounding and most aggressive exhaust you will ever buy, and that was quieter then the 4" but had more tone. And now im back with the single 6" stack, same stack too i just passed it around to all my buddy's, but now i have it exiting in front of my rear tire as a side pipe, and with some 4" flex pipe its actually is deep and quieter then 6" exhaust. I think i want it back as a stack in the bed, but with a muffler, because im getting to the point to where i want a quiet exhaust now. but the loudest exhaust i had that sounded good was when i had my 2wd reg cab long bed, and put a 6x30" mitre cut stack straight piped, that thing was extremely loud when you got on it, but sounded awesome at the same time. the only i got rid of that setup is because it was on my 2wd truck which i sold, i may have to go back to the 6x30" mitre cut. And yes none of my exhaust systems will ever rust because i get bored of my exhaust within 6 months usually.

When I put my stack on my truck it made it a lot louder inside and out.

maybe if you were running stock exhaust before...

shooting sound waves up into the air makes the truck sound quieter to people outside the truck (unless they're floating above it somehow)

I started this new motor with a 5" straight pipe...after a few thousand miles I couldn't WAIT to get a muffler on it.

roger that, I've got a 51" Donaldson on the mega cab, and I'm considering putting a resonator on it too! :D

Im the same way and im only 21, I dont think it is an age thing.
Brandon