Low Rail pis +high egt?

02psd7.3

Ok i have a 2007 ram 2500 4x4 6 speed with a bully dog on brazy larry 2.4.d, mp-8, 150hp tips, stage 2 cp3 by DRB diesel performance, k&n intake, %in turbo back, 6in lift with 37in tires

on the highway at 60 mph i am runing at 800+ egt if i mash it to the floor i can see 1600 in a heart beat, with rail psi maxing out at 18,000

would low rail psi cause this?
i am planning on doing the ppe 160gph pump asap will this help or do i just need a bigger turbo and more air?

Ok so if i do a turbo or twins than i not have enough fuel so what should i do first

I think you have plenty of fuel for a single or twins but I'm not a turbo expert, or any other sort of expert for that matter. I do make a mean beer brat though.

Ok so on a small money tree what would be my best buy first air or fuel

Ok so on a small money tree what would be my best buy first air or fuel

Get fuel....even if its a Raptor with a DIY 2mic set-up. Proper fuel volume and pressure will help maintain rail psi but it will also help your Cp3 live longer, as the Cp3 uses inlet fuel to supply the rail but also to internally lubricate itself.

My vote is for a lift pump!!!

I do air, 1st the BD run's warmer than most, 2nd the 150hp injectors dont help, 3rd the lower rail psi doesnt help either. As long as you have postive PSI at the cp3 youll be alright till your able to upgrade.

Like said many times before and from my experience get a good fuel supply so you can keep that rail pressure around 20k. Once that is taken care of more air will help clear the smoke.

So are you all saying My rail pressure is low when I am struggling to see 16,000 at WOT?

So are you all saying My rail pressure is low when I am struggling to see 16,000 at WOT?

lol, I bet your EGT's are sky high! LOL

yes, you'd be better off pullling out some duration to bring the rail pressure up, and you'll make the same or better power with less heat

Yeah my egts will get up there! Thankfully I have a cam to keep it all in check! I have the Smarty rail pressure set to 4 and the ez all the way up I still only see 17,000-18,000. At Idle I only see bout 4,000. Hopefully I can get my new CP3 soon.

Yeah my egts will get up there! Thankfully I have a cam to keep it all in check! I have the Smarty rail pressure set to 4 and the ez all the way up I still only see 17,000-18,000. At Idle I only see bout 4,000. Hopefully I can get my new CP3 soon.

Rp that low at idle, I'd be suspicious of an injector/cp3 going...

Ok i have a 2007 ram 2500 4x4 6 speed with a bully dog on brazy larry 2.4.d, mp-8, 150hp tips, stage 2 cp3 by DRB diesel performance, k&n intake, %in turbo back, 6in lift with 37in tires

on the highway at 60 mph i am runing at 800+ egt if i mash it to the floor i can see 1600 in a heart beat, with rail psi maxing out at 18,000

would low rail psi cause this?
i am planning on doing the ppe 160gph pump asap will this help or do i just need a bigger turbo and more air?

Tim your poor little LP cant keep up, hell mine wouldnt with just my programmer on RKL before tips. I think that'll help some and your most likley gonna end needing a 62 at least to keep egts in check. I told you the slope gets slippery.:Cheer:

is your rail capped?