Low Rail pis +high egt?

If you can't maintain 23,000+ you are leaving alot of power on the table. Low rail pressure = incomplete combustion, through loss of atomization. This will make the engine slow to pick up rpm and the egt's will not easily be controlled.

No my rail is not capped. I seen no reason I mean I am still on a stock CP3. Pulling season is getting close and I'm running out of options on a CP3 I thought for sure I would have mine by now.

No my rail is not capped. I seen no reason I mean I am still on a stock CP3. Pulling season is getting close and I'm running out of options on a CP3 I thought for sure I would have mine by now.

if your relief valve is leaking, capping the rail is a much cheaper option than a new valve

No it's not leaking just a struggling CP3 to keep up with the demand of fuel I need.

Tim your poor little LP cant keep up, hell mine wouldnt with just my programmer on RKL before tips. I think that'll help some and your most likley gonna end needing a 62 at least to keep egts in check. I told you the slope gets slippery.:Cheer:

this is true it seems diesel trucks are like boats

Boat= hole in watter that one throws money in to.

But just got new job so money will be tight for a little so i might just run the bd on tow and turn the mp-8 down till the funds pick up again just so i can drive on the highway :bang

No it's not leaking just a struggling CP3 to keep up with the demand of fuel I need.

Mine was leaking with a stock cp3 and no pressure box, capping it added roughly 3000psi, and dont pay 40bucks for floor-it's, just go to the hardware store and get a stainless bolt.

this is true it seems diesel trucks are like boats

Boat= hole in watter that one throws money in to.

But just got new job so money will be tight for a little so i might just run the bd on tow and turn the mp-8 down till the funds pick up again just so i can drive on the highway :bang
Hey your rails not capped either is it? I forgot to give you that bolt.

Ok i have a 2007 ram 2500 4x4 6 speed with a bully dog on brazy larry 2.4.d, mp-8, 150hp tips, stage 2 cp3 by DRB diesel performance, k&n intake, %in turbo back, 6in lift with 37in tires

on the highway at 60 mph i am runing at 800+ egt if i mash it to the floor i can see 1600 in a heart beat, with rail psi maxing out at 18,000

would low rail psi cause this?
i am planning on doing the ppe 160gph pump asap will this help or do i just need a bigger turbo and more air?

Yes, rail pressure = better effieciency and better HP, usally at a lower EGT level.
23kpsi+ Rail pressure improves atomization drastically, over a low 18k or less.

Atomization introduces fuel molecules to more oxygen, thus creating better combustion and producing more HP at the same time.

the thing that i was worried about is too much fuel and having no place to go because the return line is closed

if you're only making 18k, you don't have too much fuel :p

it's not a "return", it's a pressure relief valve to prevent excess pressure

Turn down the programmer till you can maintain higher rail pressures and change out your turbo. Mine can get hot with my 90's and im running twins but it does take a while for that to happen.

Well talked top John today and said that my pump is done just needing to be tested and gonna send me a rail cap along with it. Hopefully can get this pump this week.

With the bully dog on tow and the mp-8 on 50% it peaks at 19k and drops back down

Well talked top John today and said that my pump is done just needing to be tested and gonna send me a rail cap along with it. Hopefully can get this pump this week.

im sure you will see a world of difference. I just installed one of his caps on my truck :rockwoot: