Low voltage boiling pass side battery

bukwild07

Anyone had a problem with passenger side battery boiling...all started one day while driving noticed dash lights were dim lokked at volt guage it was low around 11 so popped the hood and pass side battery was boiling so I replaced it and voltage was fine went back up for a day to 14.8-15 well the next day it dropped back down to 11-12 and pass battery got really hot cut off old terminal ends put new on thought it was fixed held 14.8-15 volts for about a week then couple nights ago it dropped back down to 11-12 again and pass battery is getting hot...ill buy an alternator but not sure that is the problem any info greatly appreciated

Yes , I thought it was the aletanator ...took it off had it tested , it was fine , then I took apart all the connections and cleaned them , the one that connects the two batteries together had corrosion

had it happen before..

two new equally charged batteries solved the problem.. the gauge on the dash would overcharge, alternator was removed, and checked well, batteries load tested, and had one battery that was bad (10-11 volts max) swapped the batteries, cleaned all terminals, connections, checked grounds, cleared dtc codes (bad batteries will toss erratic codes) and all was well...

And the alternator to battery connection. Alternator charges passenger bettery first, and dash stuff is taken from drivers batt. Cable connections are the first culprit, followed by one battery screwing the other one.

Oh, also, i believe the signal wire to pcm is the aame the dash takes its power from, so it will overcharge one battery, while not seeing voltage on the drivers side.

also check the connection at the fuse box. But like others have said, cable between the batteries is the likely culprit.

I out new ends on all the cables and seems fine so far hauled it to TS to race Friday and never had a problem thanks for the input guys