Lower boost with S&B filter

Im gonna do a boost leak test today and i have a question. If my wastegate stuck open will the turbo hold the pressure to check for other leaks?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

My moneys still on the gauge.

My egts are very hight right now. So i know there is something wrong. Not just the gage.
With the trailer egts skyrocket above 10.
Never seen them that high with the same load before.

My egts are very hight right now. So i know there is something wrong. Not just the gage.
With the trailer egts skyrocket above 10.
Never seen them that high with the same load before.

I thought you said everything was normal.....whoops :nail:

you had to have done something on the install... did you try to remove the silencer ring at the same time? did you drop a nut/bolt/something in the intake and trash the compressor wheel?

the painfully obvious thing to do would be to put the K&N back on

I thought you said everything was normal.....whoops :nail:

It was okay with empty truck. Once i hooked up the trailer that's when i figured i had aproblem.

Hello guys.
I want to thank you all for all ur inputs on this.
I decided to update you guys.
I did a boost test and didn't find any leaks. That got me worried, so i just gave up and parked my truck for a week since i had to leave out of town for work.
When i got back i called my mechanic, he told me to drive my truck to him on Monday so he can look at it.
Today i decided to open my hood and check the little stuff that i could of overlooked when i wad looking for the bigger problem.
Turns out it was the smallest thing that i didn't even expect to be the problem.
Checked all the connections and they looked good. Then i decided to check this little tube. Once i touched it, it broke off completely. (Pictures attached)
All i had to do is buy a new feral and that was it ($2.00 set of 4). I am so happy i got it figured out and it'll save me some $ and a trip to the mechanic.
Be easy on me I'm still a rookie.

Oh and i Was changing my fuel filter right after i swapped the intake. That's probably when i messed this up since i had to reach down there to remove the fuel filter.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394318090203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394318090203.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394318107849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394318107849.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
Copper works....but would be a PITA to route all the way into the cab to a gauge. That little clear chit works....it is just flimsy and I don't trust it.

Personally, I don't use anything. I put the sensor right at the boost port and just run wires.....but I'm a bird of a different feather.

I use 1/4 brake line. It stands up very well. We use it on our dirt moving tractors.

Sent from my LG pad

Back